29 - I'm sorry.

Indicators for the chapter:

Y/N: Your name
N/N: Nick name

Hope you enjoy the chapter!!
(Also it's a short chapter, so sorry I've been tired lately but I knew I had to get this chapter pushed out, so here you all go)

No one's POV:

Y/N and Licorice were now arguing, having sent Strawberry Crepe out of the room so they didn't have to hear them.

The argument started off with Y/N and Licorice sternly talking to each other, to now practically yelling at each other not even six minutes into the argument.

"HOW IN HELL DO YOU THINK THEY'RE GOING TO LISTEN TO YOU??!" Y/N hollered out, slamming their hands onto a table that was in the room. "Because if Crepe knows Enchantress is saying the same thing they most likely will listen more! If it were me or anyone else Crepe wouldn't listen to anything!" Licorice retorted. Y/N laughed, and responded with, "Even if it was Enchantress they still won't fucking listen! Believe it or not, they actually listen to me more than anyone else around here, Enchantress can even confirm it! But even then they won't listen to me, if it involves them not seeing Custard!"

Licorice's face flushed in anger, knowing their partner was right, but tried to argue back with, "Well they need to learn to listen! Crepe can't alwa-" But was cut off by Y/N, who stopped him with, "WHAT IF WE WERE THEM?!" Silence hit the room, Licorice taking a second to process what Y/N said, but even afterwards didn't understand what they just said and asked, "What do you mean?"
"What I mean is what if I was in Custard's position and you were in Crepes? Would you listen to anyone telling you that you shouldn't be allowed to see me?!" Y/N answered Licorice's question. "Of course I wouldn't listen! I care about yo-" Licorice started, but then stopped himself, realizing what Y/N's point was. Another moment of silence hit the room, Y/N being the one to break the silence by saying, "Yeah... That's the point I'm trying to make." They sighed, taking a second to think and continued with, "It's not fair for Crepe, because even if you all were to try and keep them from seeing the kid, they're gonna find another way to see him. Crepe isn't going to listen, and we both know that."

Licorice stood in his spot, being silent, not knowing what to say to their partner. He knew he wasn't going to get Y/N to change their mind, or win this argument. In fact, both of them could see how this argument would end if they continued on. Both most likely saying something that would hurt each other, and both would regret it later on. A few more moments of silence dragged on, before it was broken by the dark haired man.

"... N/N?" Licorice quietly said.
Y/N looked at Licorice, "Yeah..?" they responded. Before Y/N could even realize what Licorice was doing, he had already moved across the room to them, who tightly pulled Y/N into a hug, and slightly sobbed, "I'm sorry..."

-Authors note-
I am so sorry but everyone has been happy for too damn long and we all knew some suffering was gonna happen at some point hahahahah
I hope you all enjoyed the chapter and are having a great day/night!