Chapter 5 - Abilities of the Undefined.

5:47 AM
Counselor's Office

This excitement that I failed to cover was seen clearly by the teacher in front of me. Realizing this,
I completely unveiled my whole personality.  

The wall clock ticked repeatedly.
My usual smile was replaced with something much, much more. It wasn't really deranged or an ugly one.

I simply smiled confidently at Sensei, my eyes narrowing at the wanted files she sent me. Written in my face was complete confidence. One could confuse it for conceit.

"Don't worry Sensei, I'll show results much earlier than you think." I confirmed the desired files of mine to be true, questions and answers were both there. To back this up, we'll be having diagnostic tests later the day to further evaluate the student's capabilities.

Just to be safe, I read some equations that I could solve mentally.

"Don't disappoint sensei, okay?" Sensei tapped both my shoulders at the same time. Having a happy demeanor outside.

I let out an understanding mutter, as I confirmed the papers to be the real deal.

"Thanks for the deal sensei, I'll be going off now." Waving my hand in the air, Hoshinomiya-sensei opened the door for me. Waving her hands in a similar manner, she was clearly pleased by this too.

"Take care and don't run in the hallways!" She bobbed up, almost yelling at my walking figure.

I put the phone back in my pocket. Taking a turn then running down the stairs.

I wanted to go straight to my classroom, but suddenly recalled that I have yet to get some breakfast.

Jumping almost half a floor down, I finally got to the ground floor.

A short girl with purple hair looked at me weirdly. She looked to be familiar...

Ah. She's the secretary of the student council. "Good day." I bid her a good morning before bolting out the building.

"Y-yeah..." I heard her confused voice just before I reached the tiled decors.

.
.
.
.
.

As I reached the cafeteria with hurried steps, there was a huge sign right by the kitchen saying most dishes aren't ready yet. I'm not that picky about what I eat, honestly. Anything should be fine here as long as it's not too expensive.

I wandered in, peeking through the currently available meals. Unsurprisingly, the simplest ones are the only ones there.

"One Omurice and I can pay for it, but can you add miso soup?" Seeing the vending machine still closed, I discerned that they took order manually in the mornings. Not many go into the cafeteria at this time anyway, they should be good up until 7:00 am.

"Miso soup is free, do you have any other specific order?" The middle-aged woman with wrinkles on her face asked me in a soothing tone. Their species as a kind grandma were quite rare to see nowadays. 

I fixed my posture in reaction.

"I'd like the miso soup to be just a tiny bit salty, that's all, thanks!" I told her in a polite manner.

Hearing this, the lady pulled out a card reader similar to what the convenience store had. Neat, I guess.

I put my phone right in front and scanned it. Thankfully the meal was very cheap and was just at the low price sitting in a few hundred yen/points.

Seeing no one inside the cafeteria, except for the workers in the kitchen, I patiently waited on where I stood.

I intently looked at the clock plastered on the wall. The pointer going up and down was the only thing keeping me from waiting. I doubt I'd have anything to do in my phone either.