Chapter 8.1 - Ichinose's Trial.

"All things should be habit, but not habitual. Not performed by rote.
All things should be studied, then considered, and then acted upon."
-Goblin Slayer
_____________

The afternoon classes were boring.

And unbelievably so.

I forced my eyes open, letting my ears do the work. History classes were still ongoing, a subject teacher whose  name I forgot, yet again, is currently teaching the class.

I'm not smart nor did I have any rich upbringing for me to call this class boring, so, why exactly am I calling it boring? Simple, it's because I've already gone over this lesson a few weeks ago by the books given by the teachers themselves.

I made sure to read every subject's book far enough that I'd have no trouble even if I didn't listen to class.

There's the fact that some things aren't included in the book, hence, Hoshinomiya-sensei comes at play.

"The Sengoku Period had a lot of..."

This was how I've been keeping up top grades, not only in class, but the whole school.

It's only been an hour or two after the announcement of the overall rankings, it must've been quite the surprise for the upper years. I should suppose that the teachers too, were taken by surprise.

Although occasional, our female teacher here takes a glance or two from me when she turns around and asks the class a question. I shall expect more prying eyes from the teachers and my classmates during the whole remaining school hours.

I returned to our classroom just in the nick of time, saving me the hassle of answering their questions, albeit, temporarily.

Once all the classes conclude, I'll ready myself for the questioning, not only from my classmates, other students from other classes too should be considered.

"Warring States period?"

"Yes, there was a risk for near constant civil war."

As one could understand, our current lesson for the day is the Sengoku Period. Battles and the like.

It was an interesting skim through history the first time I've read it, sadly, my current self wasn't in the mood to indulge in that lesson, again.

Riiing

A ringing sound came from our teacher's phone.

It was probably to keep track of time and not overextend her class. With that, the history class ended.

It felt a little early, something like 3-5 mini-sh? I'm getting a bad premonition from this.

"I'm sure you all have questions about the rankings, feel free to use the 5 minutes of free time I gave you to your hearts content."

The female teacher smiled at the class, going out of the room with her materials on hand.

I see. It looked like she was just being kind to us, the students, I'm not that suspicious... But maybe the school has pulled something again? Something like a confirmation test.

"See ya tomorrow, Sensei!"

"Take care!"

It always went like this. Class ends, farewells and see you tomorrows.