Chapter 8 - Fruited Labors.

"Tautology. With enough faith you can worship a sardine's head."
-Joker Game
________________

I was a little taken aback by her cute giggle. One which she probably did unconsciously, making it even adorable than it is already. I gave Himeno a side glance as we entered the cooking room that was filled with the scent of mixed ingredients and the like.

Flour, Vegetables, Meat, Eggs. You name it, it was as if every single ingredient was here.

The class was greeted by.... A muscular man... Wearing an apron. With clothes on obviously!

"When I thought this day wouldn't get any weirder..."

This was a great day, the cost of that might be the weirdness that's starting to happen around me.

"Good to see you're all here! I'm going to see if you guys can actually cook something edible so feel free to make any dishes with the ingredients available!"

Hah, the man grunted after his definitely serious and intimidating explanation. It was a no brainer my classmates were a bit hesitant but still went on with their businesses.

Only 1 pair wasn't really affected, which was me and Himeno; I didn't have the energy to be intimidated by that guy, Himeno didn't look like she straight up cared about him...

She shot me a glance, taking the lead to where our table would be. This room was insanely large, being able to accommodate 40 of us really spoke a thousand words about the money being poured into this school.

I followed her back, reaching the leftmost side of the room. We were in the very corner for some reason. It's not like we had a choice either, my classmates are kind, yes, but they were still excited students.

"What do you propose we make?"

She asked. Wearing the school-issued apron, which was just a plain white one. I didn't waste any time and also wore mine, this was a pain to do every time there were cooking classes, but I suppose it's so that we don't dirty ourselves while cooking.

"I'm fine with anything. Though,
If I had to say, then let's make a simple omelette for starters."

I commented. Taking a batch of fresh eggs nearby our station.

"That's a good idea, who will be taste-testing by the way?"

Himeno received the tray of eggs
I handed her, fetching herself some salt on the next instance.

I gestured for the salt, to which, Himeno handed me after getting some on a very small cup, that strangely looked familiar to the glass you use for drinking beer and liquor.

"If it's not that guy, then it's probably your partner that's going to see if it's a passable dish, at the very least."

We cracked some eggs at the same time. One, Two, Three. Four eggs in each bowl as we mixed the contents up. I added the slightest bit of pepper in mine, along with the salt I procured from her.

I got some tomato and some green stuff, I don't really know, I just got some things that looked good to add in mine.