Chapter 9 - All According To Plan.

"We are what we overcome."
-Pantheon
_____________

I left Ichinose to her own devices, deciding to trust on her judgement.

The problem fixed itself thankfully,
It could have been fixed way easier, were Ichinose be less kind than she is right now.

I threaded outside the park along with many other students. Some were couples holding hands together, and the remaining few seemed to be just close friends walking around.

"A girlfriend..."

I unconsciously leaked my thoughts out loud.

As any guy my age, I sure am interested in the opposite sex. Of course, getting a girlfriend has crossed my mind before, the only problem was with me and not the other hypothetical party.

They'll break up anyways, I guess friends with benefits kind of relationships are way efficient, and much easier to go out of.

People get that kind relationship so that the people involved in it have their desires/urges satisfied. All the while making it easier for both parties to stop it when they no longer need each other.

I shrugged those thoughts off, no stress is too much stress. Though it would make my school life a whole lot easier if I did get one... No, I will get one.

As I got behind this inconspicuous building, my steps halted.

Still in her school uniform, a small frame, smaller than the average height of girls her age, an adorable figure stood in front of me. Cane in her right hand.

With her, two other male figures were on her left and right, projecting the image of bodyguards.

"You're 7 minutes and 34 seconds late, Sadi-kun."

Contrary to her adorable figure, she spoke in a clear cunning tone. A lick of cheekiness that's been engraved in my mind by a certain teacher.

"I needed some preparations," I did not.

With a sudden pause, I took a step towards her with my hands on my pockets, her bodyguards stepped in before I could come closer.

"Pray tell." Her little smile stood strong, Sakayanagi was not showing any signs of irritation on her face either.

"No need for me to spell it out. I can't brush off the possibility of you planning an ambush, even right this moment."

This was a poor lie thought up in the heat of the moment. The possibility of an ambush exist, I could very well defend myself against untrained individuals, however, if it's a trained student that's my age or older, then I've little hopes of winning.

"That's an intriguing lie you've thought up. Say, where's your preparations? Oh! Perhaps you first got into the zone before coming here?"

I sighed in defeat, this is why I avoid Sakayanagi as much as I could, for some reason she always reads me perfectly.

"It's about it, right? I got him dancing on the palm of my hand, time would tell when's the best time for me to strike."