Chapter 7.2 - Another Friend.

"The fake is of far greater value.
In it's attempt to be real, it's more real than the real thing."
-Kaiki Deishu
______________

Class-A: 1005 Class Points

Class-B: 960 Class Points

Class-C: 335 Class Points

Class-D: 0 Class Points

Leading figures:

Sakayanagi Arisu
Katsuragi Kōhei

Ichinose Honami
Tōdo Sadi

Ryūen Kakeru

???

Every person in the class rejoiced as they saw the names and points plastered on the chalkboard.

But, there's a catch. There's always a catch.

Knowing the peculiarity of the situation, more and more questions would pop up in their heads.

First, Two Class-B students got in the rankings. Second, no one in Class-A was in there, replaced by a Class-D student.

The third and last was the abnormally high stats the first ranker got.

Peak in academics and physical, not to mention higher grades in things other than the mentioned two. Either you're a superhuman or these are bloated evaluations.

The former is what I'm currently being viewed as, I need to do everything in my power to prevent a change to that fact in their eyes.

"The situation is a bit complicated, but in shorter terms, Sadi-kun here got 50000 private points along with the 50 class point reward given to him by the school for ranking at the peak."

Hoshinomiya-sensei elaborated in quite the happy manner. I think I'm the only one to notice that she was more energetic than ever.

"I see! So that means if you get to the very top, there are rewards?" Kanzaki exclaimed, gathering the whole class'
attention.

They must have realized the toll and stress a top ranking student has to put up with. Most especially myself.

"Hmm... It's more complex than that, there are two conditions at the very least. One, getting first place, the second is the stats themselves."

Hoshinomiya-sensei further explained, smiling to herself gleefully.

Then she wrote consecutive A's as the bare minimum necessary for attaining the reward.

"This is the bare minimum threshold, every stat must not drop below A, for instance, Sadi-kun got A- in his academics, this was balanced out by his other stats which he scored A+ on." Sensei put an imaginary dot, ending her shortened explanation for us.

It's not surprising a lot of them were in awe, even though my classmates don't know directly, they just knew how hard it was to get this kind of evaluation from the school. Furthermore, now that ID cards have been released, everyone's free to share their evaluations.

This would get me far more attention than ever, as the holder of the best student title in the school.

"Sensei, How many people have gotten those kind of grades?"