Chapter Five

Y/N POV

Damn it!
I was losing and rightly so. Saturo was floating and his blindfold was off. Oh my lord those eyes. I had never seen them before and I was mesmerised.

The earth shattered under me.
Crap!
I blinked back and jumped my way to safety between the trees. Why did he have to be so good looking? I kept low and quiet until I heard him softly land in the clearing.

"Come on now sweetheart... you're not actually scared of me...are you?"
Hell yes I was. This was a fight not a classroom. I would not let this asshole win.

"Come out and playyy~"
I could hear his footsteps getting closer. And closer. I'm about to whip his pale ass.

As soon as I saw his slender hand on the tree I acted. My shadow claws whipped out,two around each of his limbs and pulled so he'd be stretched off the ground. His crystal eyes widened in shock.

He snapped one of my claws but I brought another in. My nose started bleeding and the very tips of my fingers etched in pain as the shadows started forming scars.

"I can see you over doing yourself there. Is it so important you win?"
He was taunting me. Which means he was stalling for time. He wasn't doing too well himself and I knew it.

He had already used his earth shattering technique. Looking up I could see my claws holding him but not invading his infinity.
I learnt about that when he was fighting Suguru just twenty minutes ago. He likes revealing his technique to us. Call it cocky or arrogant it had downright shivered me to the core. The fact that he was literally untouchable.

So that was my goal. No matter what it took, I would break his infinity. I didn't fight to win but he didn't know that. I'd fight to make progress.

I pushed myself further and further. Sending in more claws until I had 12 present. I was swaying, the shadows engraved themselves into my entire hands now.

He was still lying there, as if my efforts unbothered him. He was stuck but unharmed which was saying a lot since I was a wreck. He looked down to me, a winner's smile slapped on his face. Cocky bastard.

But what he saw he wasn't quite ready for. Blood ran from my nose and my hands. The shadows swirled and cut into me like nails on a board. My head turned down, breathing heavily, pink hair falling over my shoulders. But I was smiling too.

I let go, sending full drive into my ultimate move.

Y/N L/N
Her Ultimate Move: Shadow Puppeteer
If she uses her internal cursed energy after waiting and storing it for a certain amount of time she can animate her shadow into her own shadow puppet.

Her puppet has all the same knowledge that Y/N has about her opponents and helps with combat and strengthening her shadow claws. If held for too long Y/N will become insane as the shadows rapidly take over her body.

My shadow formed to my right and lifted her silhouette hand. The power surge turned my shadows from transparent into opaque purple and black claws. Claws which cracked Saturo's infinity. They all did it in unison and his face contorted into panic.

He sliced down on the claws and broke two. I was losing blood and sanity quickly. The shadows were filling my mind and I could not concerntrate. Gojo used his purple once again and shattered through my claws.

I immediately released and fell to my knees. I was gasping for air. Blood dripped on the grass. My hands were a scarred mess. Tears brimmed my eyes as my mind still lingered on the thoughts the shadows had placed there.

My shadow sat down softly next to me. She wrapped her shaded arms around me before fading. I calmed myself down, enough so when Gojo landed he would not see. I wiped my nose and gulped.

The purple haired man saw me on the ground and pulled me up.
"No one in all experiences has ever cracked my infinity. Not ever. You will be a great competitor."
"I always have been dumbass."

His words filled me with pride.He pulled away and I almost frowned.
Then I saw a trail of red blood running from his nose.
"I...I made you bleed!"
I said excitedly. He laughed and wiped the blood off.
"Indeed you did. It's been a while since I've felt pain like that."

I was beaming with joy. Then he dramatically extended his arm out.
"Shall we? I'm sure the other two are wondering if we're dead."

I laughed and slapped his arm away.
"Probably not. In fact I bet that Akina is plaiting Suguru's hair, he'll only ever let her braid it."

Gojo looked down to me and smiled. Not playfully, not half willingly, not to toy with me, but genuinely smiling. My heart leapt uncontrollably.