Chapter Eighteen

Gojo POV

The ping of a message turned my focus away from our meeting. I looked down to see a notification from Y/N.
If it's another picture like last time I swea-

The message was a location pin.
'BACKUP STAT!'
Shoot.
"Sorry to interrupt but there's seems to be a curse downtown. It needs my immediate attention."

Not waiting for the principal's or the Higher Orders response I ran out. I placed my blindfold back on. A little bump startled me. I place my hand there.
Oh right.
It was the braid that Y/N had made this morning.
I quite like it.

I ran down towards the dock. A factory on the end had shadows enveloping its walls.
OH SH-
How bad was this curse that Y/N was already over working herself?

I bashed the door open. Y/N had her back to me. Her arms were fully etched in shadows markings. She's never gone this far...

"OKAY ASSHOLE! ABOUT TIME ONE OF US DIES!"
Her shadow, who we had named Kaze, was on top of the curse's head. She had twelve claws going.

I ran and jumped over her and slammed fist dirt into the beast. It wailed and lost balance.
I swung again and again. I black flashed it again and again. But it was not falling.
What in the world?

Y/N shadows disappeared suddenly. She swayed and fell to her knees. The curse took notice and slashed down at her with its claws.
"NOOOO!"
I purpled it and sliced its arms right off. It slashed me on my shoulder and I felt my power drain.

But the hand still fell onto her. It sliced her back right from her neck to her lower back.
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!"
She screamed in pain.

I knew I could not expand my domain in this dysfunctional one so I purpled again despite the strain on my body. I purpled right through the curse. It squealed and disintegrated.

I ran to her body.
"Y/N? Hey! Can you hear me Mochi?"
Her eyes were glazed over. Slowly a smile came to her beautiful lips.
"Y-yeah...is...Akina...okay?"

Akina?
I looked around the room. On the other side of it lay a body...or pieces of one. Fours pieces, sliced completely through by the curse.
I can't tell her.
"Y-yeah...she's okay..."
I lied as Y/N's blood dripped around me.

Kaze sat on her knees next to Akina's remains. Guarding her puppeteer's best friend.
"Come on Y/N we have to get you help."

I said. I called the principal and told him what had occurred. They sent the medics.
Y/N coughed. Only once I put my phone away I saw that her shadows had not stopped etching into her.

"Y/N! Leave your power now! Leave it! We're safe!"
She didn't really respond.
"Y/N!"
She smiled. The shadows slowly faded. Kaze however stayed, still sensing some danger.

"Hey...Sa...tu...?"
"Yes darling what's up? Keep talking the medics will be here soon."
"Don't...forget...me...okay?"
"Don't be a dummy. You'll be just fine."

She stroked my cheek.
"Just...in...case..."
She croaked.

Her back was still oozing blood. Her eyes were closing slightly.
"Don't...forget..."

I grabbed her head. Her hair was now white, the pink only left in her roots.
"Don't leave me! I'll never forget you, I can't forget you. Just don't leave."

The medics barged in. They separated me from her.
"WAIT! PLEASE THATS MY-"
"Partner? We're aware Saturo Gojo. You two are our main attack team. Please follow us so that we can try and save her."