The Jewel's Completion

"Rin is in danger!" Katsumi said suddenly, listening to her intuition.

"Eh?" Kagome said.

"She may be right!" Sango said. "Houshi-sama sucked up part of Magatsuhi... and Rin was also hit with Magatsuhi's toxic aura and has been unconscious ever since!"

"She's still unconcious!?" Katsumi asked. She wasn't aware that it had been that serious. She and Sesshoumaru immediately headed back to the village.

"We should return to the village, too. I'm worried about Houshi-sama and the others," Sango said urgently.

"Right!" Inuyasha agreed. "Let's go, Kagome."

"Right..." Kagome said. But as Inuyasha moved toward her, Naraku appeared right behind her with what appeared to be insect legs coming out of him. "!" she gasped.

"Naraku...!" Inuyasha said. Naraku quickly trapped Kagome with his insect legs. Some of her arrows were dropped in the process.

"Kagome-chan!" Sango said.

"Kukuku, Kagome... I didn't even need to hide behind a barrier, since you couldn't even tell where I was..." Naraku said mockingly. "It looks like your spiritual powers haven't returned yet."

"!" Kagome said.

"Naraku, you bastard!" Inuyasha yelled, drawing Tessaiga again.

"Hmph... What's wrong, Inuyasha? Don't hold back on me. Kill me," Naraku mocked him.

"Khh..." Inuyasha said, gritting his teeth. They both knew he couldn't hit Naraku without hitting Kagome, too.

"Don't worry, I won't kill her," Naraku said. "Not until I take Kohaku's shard..."

"!" Kohaku said. A multitude of tentacles came out of Naraku's back. Some of them shot straight at Kohaku.

"Naraku!" Sango said, throwing Hiraikotsu. "Did you forget about Hiraikotsu's power!?" Hiraikotsu destroyed the tentacles.

"Kukuku, Sango... The part of my body you're currently destroying is a part that I don't mind throwing away..." Naraku said. "The part that Sesshoumaru cut off before was equally unnecessary. My body is limitless."

"Tch!" Sango said, catching Hiraikotsu.

"Ugh..." Kagome groaned. 'The shikon no tama inside Naraku's body... If I can get that, he would become defeatable... where is it!? His head!? His neck!? Or maybe his heart!?' She saw it. "Inuyasha! Sango-chan! The shikon no tama is in Naraku's right shoulder...!" she yelled. "!" Naraku squeezed her until she passed out.

"Hmph... So this means your power to locate the jewel still remains..." Naraku said.

"Naraku, you bastard!" Inuyasha said, swinging his sword. It slammed into the ground.

"Kukuku... What were you trying to hit, Inuyasha?" Naraku asked, floating in the air inside his barrier.

"Khh...!" Inuyasha said.

"What's the matter? Do you value the shard over Kagome's like?" Naraku asked. Inuyasha gritted his teeth and growled.

"Dammit..." Sango cursed.

"Kagome-sama..." Kohaku said.

"If you don't hand over the shard, Kagome will die," Naraku said.

"Naraku, you bastard... Don't bullshit me!" Inuyasha yelled.

'Even so, as long as Kagome-chan is held hostage... he can't use any of Tessaiga's big attacks without putting her in danger,' Sango thought. "Hiraikotsu on the other hand...!"