That Sinister Spider

The happy reunion was interrupted by an angry growl. Both girls froze when they heard it and slowly turned their heads to face the menacing source.

"!" Kagome's eyes widened in fear at what was waiting behind them.

"!" Inuyasha started when he caught Kagome's scent on the wind. "Kagome's here!" he yelled.

"Eh... Kagome's back!?" Shippo asked hopefully.

"It's definitely her!" Inuyasha said. "But why is she..."

"I won't let you get away!" Rouyakan growled, swiping his claws at Inuyasha.

"Ugh. Shut up!" Inuyasha yelled as he struck Rouyakan with Tessaiga. The youkai roared in pain as he fell to the ground hard.

"Oh...!" Kaede said in surprise.

"He suddenly became strong..." Miroku observed, but then Rouyakan began to pick himself up, and Inuyasha was already running away. "Hey, you! At least finish him off before you go!" Miroku shouted after him.

"I'll clean up later!" Inuyasha yelled, not stopping. 'Kagome... Why did you come back!?'

'He really is quick when it's Kagome...' Shippo thought. "I'm coming too, Inuyasha!" the little kit yelled. 'Please be safe, kagome!'

The wolves were circling the well above the two girls, trying to claw their way to them past the tree Inuyasha had jammed in it.

'Well, at least that tree is good for something... They can't seem to squeeze through the gap like I could,' Katsumi thought.

"What on earth... is going on...!?" Kagome asked.

"Kagome, Inuyasha's wounds still aren't completely healed yet, so I took the Shikon shard away to distract the youkai that attacked us. I beat all the wolves he sent after me, but it looks like he sent more," Katsumi explained.

"Eh!" Kagome gasped. 'I was right... He really was in danger!' she thought worriedly. "Let's go, Katsumi-chan!" Kagome said determinedly as she stood up to climb out of the well. The wolf that had been trying to get at them snapped at Kagome and lunged at her. "Kyaaah!" Kagome screamed when she thought it would get her, but Katsumi punched it in the nose and knocked it out.

"Stay back, Kagome! I'll get us—!" Katsumi said, but she stopped mid-sentence when she realized the tree, wolf and all, was being ripped from the well. "... Nevermind, then..." Katsumi knew that the person who just removed the tree was probably the one who had put it there in the first place... Inuyasha.

"Ugh," Inuyasha grunted as he pulled the tree from the well. He saw that there was an unconscious wolf caught in the branches, but he didn't have any time to think about it because Rouyakan crashed into the clearing after him. The youkai was getting ready to vomit more wolves, so Inuyasha did the first thing that popped into his head.

WHAM!

He shoved the tree into Rouyakan's open mouth. The big youkai was out cold. Inuyasha whipped his head back around to see Katsumi leaping out of the well, holding Kagome. Once Katsumi set Kagome down, she took off running to Inuyasha.

"Inuyasha!" Kagome cried with relief.

"You...! You damn fool! Why did you come back he—!?" Inuyasha yelled, but he was cut off when Kagome glomped him.

"Thank goodness!" she cried. "I was afraid you might've died... when you didn't come back for me..." Inuyasha's eyes widened.

"You damn fool... Don't come again... I told you, didn't I!?" he said as he held Kagome. 'It doesn't matter where... I just wanted Kagome to be safe...' Inuyasha thought. "In spite of that, why—"