The Other Woman Who Loved Sesshoumaru (Part 2)

As Sesshoumaru and Katsumi flew closer they saw Sara riding a huge bird-like youkai. She had not only stolen Tessaiga, but she had even made a costume change.

"Inuyasha, I take possession of the Tessaiga!" Sara proclaimed dramatically, laughing. Katsumi sweat-dropped. Sara's laugh reminded Katsumi of the stereotypical high-handed 'Ojou-sama' laugh. Well, she was a hime-sama...

"She took the Tessaiga!" Kagome said.

"That's what she was after all along!" Shippo said. Inuyasha growled. A small gust of wind stirred up some dust as Sesshoumaru and Katsumi landed.

"What is it now!?" Kagome asked. They all looked over to see Sesshoumaru and Katsumi standing there.

"Sesshoumaru-sama! Why are you here?" Sara asked. 'And what is she doing here?' Sara thought jealously. Sesshoumaru stared up at Tessaiga, which was now in Sara's hands.

'So, that's what she meant...' Sesshoumaru thought.

"So you were behind this after all, Sesshoumaru!" Inuyasha yelled and charged at them. Katsumi face-palmed. She should've known this would happen. Katsumi didn't think Inuyasha would listen to her even if she explained the situation either, considering their last encounter.

"Sankon-tessou!" Inuyasha yelled as he tried to slash Sesshoumaru with his claws. Sesshoumaru leapt forward and grabbed Inuyasha's wrist before he could strike. Sesshoumaru's claws glowed green as he used his Doukasou on Inuyasha's wrist to weaken him so that he wouldn't be able to cause a ruckus.

"Inuyasha!" Kagome yelled. Katsumi patted Kagome on the shoulder.

"Don't worry, Kagome. It may not look like it, but Sesshoumaru's going easy on him," Katsumi whispered in her ear. "He didn't come here intending to fight Inuyasha... probably..."

"Sesshoumaru-sama, please hold him still!" Sara shouted as the bird-youkai she was riding dived to bring her in closer for the kill. Katsumi's head whipped around and she stared at Sara incredulously.

"Say what!?" Katsumi yelled. She had just told Kagome they weren't going to do that. Sesshoumaru threw Inuyasha away and turned around to shoot a shower of his toxic poison at Sara. Sara managed to jump away and dodged the attack, but her bird-youkai was completely dissolved by Sesshoumaru's poison. Sara landed gracefully on the ground.

"Sesshoumaru-sama!" Sara said, confused.

"Why you—!" Inuyasha growled at Sesshoumaru.

"Stop your barking, Inuyasha," Sesshoumaru told him.

"Wha—!?" Inuyasha said indignantly. Sesshoumaru glanced back at Inuyasha, giving him a sharp look. Inuyasha fell silent and his ears flattened against his head, like a naughty puppy that had been scolded.

"This has nothing to do with you," Sesshoumaru said.

'But isn't it his sword...?' Katsumi thought, sweat-dropping.

"That woman isn't one of Sesshoumaru's cohorts?" Shippo asked Katsumi. Katsumi shook her head.

"She's no one I know. She just suddenly showed up today, and said she'd make Sesshoumaru's 'wish' come true," Katsumi said. Kagome noticed Katsumi was frowning, actually, pouting, like a petulant child.

"Trouble in paradise?" Kagome leaned in and whispered to Katsumi. Katsumi twitched.

"Yeah... something like that..." Katsumi answered reluctantly. Kagome patted her on the back and smiled sympathetically.

"If things don't work out, you're always welcome to join us again."

Katsumi gave her a grateful smile. Kagome felt like someone was burning a hole into the back of her head. Kagome glanced back, over her shoulder, and saw that Sesshoumaru was glaring at her. Kagome sweat-dropped. Maybe Katsumi had made more progress than she thought.