The Headless Youkai

The crescent moon was high in the night sky. The treetops swayed in the wind.

RUSTLE...

It seemed so peaceful up above, that one would probably never guess that down below, on the ground, a human was running for his life.

"EE—EEEK!" the misfortunate traveler screamed with fright as he glanced back over his shoulder to check whether the beast was pursuing him, not even  caring when he lost his straw hat. "Yo... Youkai...!" he shouted incredulously, shocked to see that the beast stalking him was not a normal animal as previously assumed, but a sinister boar youkai wearing a necklace of human skulls and armed with a naginata. It was right behind him now!

The youkai laughed wickedly as he attacked, using his weapon to mercilessly cut the terrified human down.

"Geh heh heh!" he chuckled, smirking, as he collected the human's head to add to his collection.

SCHH...

The youkai froze when he felt a disturbance in the force and glanced up towards the sky. Something big was coming...

CRUSH!

A giant hoof suddenly came crashing down, trampling the youkai and  crushing his head and necklace of skulls underfoot before he even had a chance to react. And then, Kagura stepped out of the shadows and approached the dead youkai's bloody naginata.

"Here, catch," Kagura said, carelessly flinging the dangerous weapon up at Hakudōshi. He smirked as he caught the large weapon with ease.

"Can you really use that thing?" Kagura asked skeptically as they took to the sky again.

"Don't make fun of me," Hakudōshi replied rather curtly, but then he smirked  as he lifted his arm, testing out how the weight of the weapon felt in  his hand. "And also, I'd like to... get used to this body quickly!"

"Ohh?" Kagura remarked thoughtfully as she watched. 'This brat... unlike Naraku...  he doesn't mind carrying out the dirty deeds with his own hands, huh?'  She silently observed.

{Later that evening...}

FWOOSH~

Kagura  and Hakudōshi were once again soaring through the dark sky after going  on to attack several more random youkai in the area. However, unlike the  boar, Hakudōshi didn't let Entei crush their heads... No, this time, he  had used his new naginata to sever their grotesque heads from their  necks with his own hands. Hakudōshi smirked as he glanced back at his  collection of severed youkai heads that he had chained up and strapped  to Entei's back. He was clearly enjoying this, like a child playing an  amusing game of some sort.

'This brat... what the hell is he  thinking?' Kagura wondered, furrowing her brow. It looked like she had  gotten involved with another worrisome guy...

"Ne,  Jaken-sama. Where did Sesshoumaru-sama go off to?" Rin asked curiously,  warming her hands with the fire while she roasted some mushrooms to eat.

"Who  knows?" Jaken replied miserably, tired of constantly being left behind  to babysit. 'He always was a reticent man, but... ever since he failed  defeat Naraku at Mt. Hakurei, he's become eve more so,' he thought,  sweat-dropping. And Katsumi certainly hadn't helped the situation by  getting herself wounded like that. Sesshoumaru had been in such a foul  mood for days after the incident, that Jaken felt he must have lost  nearly a century off his life from stress! 'But, good lord, he could at  least say where he's going!' the imp thought, letting out a long, tired  sigh. Though he hated to give that brat credit for anything, when Katsumi was around, she could usually manage to get at least that much  out of Sesshoumaru...