Secret Crush? (Neo x Reader)

Request for Neo x Reader
Movie: Matrix | 1999

Request for Neo x Reader Movie: Matrix | 1999

*WARNING: SMUT AND LANGUAGE*

❤️💙❤️

Summary: You and Neo have been best friends since elementary school and moved in together for a while. You both have feeling but didn't tell each other yet. Friends x Lovers

"Fuck!" You yelp, looking down at the toes that have just been mashed into the end of the wooden table in your living room. "Neo!" You yell, pulling your foot away as you collapse on the couch behind you and massage your stubbed toes. He comes running in, his eyes wide with panic. "What? What happened?" You wince as your toes throb and he stares at you in anticipation. "I stubbed my fucking toes. Can you get me ice please?" You ask with puppy dog eyes.

Neo's shoulders sag immediately and his face screams, are you serious? He turns away anyway to the fridge and you smile widely. "Love you!" You call after him. He just flips you off over his shoulder. You grin to yourself and look at the picture frames that have toppled over on the living room table because your toes decided to ram against the wooden frame. Reaching out, you pick up the first fallen frame and smile softly at the picture of you and Neo outside of your old college together.

He hangs his arm around your shoulders and your right hand barely covers the wide smile that stretches across your face. You've long since graduated from university, but you've been best friends for longer than just that. You and Neo have been best friends for nineteen years now- meeting in the sandbox at 5 and growing up together ever since. He was the first one to introduce you to computers and you bonded over the complex programming growing up.

You warmly recall the countless hours of building the barely functioning computers from the scraps you'd found in garage sales, garbages, and dingy tech shops. You survived elementary school, middle school, high school, and college together. He was your best friend in the whole wide world and while you've tried to push it away, you know you've been in love with him since middle school at least.

Though he was a major nerd when it came to hobbies, looks and charm he did not lack in. You'd watched him through pimples, braces, and bad hair as he continuously picked up some of the hottest girls growing up. You have only had one boyfriend in your life, but you're convinced the only reason he dated you was because you were one of the first girls to get boobs in middle school. You'd only dated him because you wanted Neo to be jealous.

Unfortunately, it just made him excited and forced you to double date with him and the girl 100 times hotter than you. It wasn't until middle school you felt like you really bloomed. You'd taken a summer vacation around Europe with your mom, it was the longest you'd ever been away from Neo, and you returned with a sense of style, hair that actually gleamed, and a knowledge of makeup that covered whatever blemishes remained.