Chapter Three

"You don't think this was just a magnetic storm, do you?" Erik asks Jane as the three were in their lab.

"Look, the lensing around these edges is characteristic of an-"

"Einstein-Rosen Bridge." Jane and Erik say together.

"A what?" Darcy asks.

"I thought you were a science major?" Erik asks her.

"Political science." Darcy explains.

"She was the only applicant." Jane adds.

"An Einstein-Rosen Bridge is a theoretical connection between two different points of space-time." Erik explains.

"It's a wormhole." Jane grabs a piece of paper, "Erik, look. What do you see?"

"Stars."

"Yeah, but not our stars. See, this is the star alignment for our quadrant this time of year, and unless Ursa Minor decided to take a day off, these are someone else's constellations."

"Hey! Check this out." Darcy points at a picture on a board.

"No, it can't be." Erik observes it.

"I think I left something at the hospital." Jane starts to walk off.

The picture was the storm with the silhouette of a man.

...

Thor tries to break out the restraints he was in as he was tied down to the hospital bed, "It's not possible!" he pants as he slowly but surely slips out of the restraints.

...

Jane, Darcy, and Erik speed walk through the halls of the hospital. The head to Thor's room, only to find that he wasn't there.

"Oh my God." Darcy leaves the room, the two following after her.

The three get back into the van, Jane at the wheel.

"I just lost my most important piece of evidence. Typical."

"So now what?" Darcy asks.

"We find him."

"Did you see what he did in there?" Erik asks, "I'm not sure finding him is the best idea."

"Well, our data can't tell us what it was like to be inside that event, and he can. So, we're gonna find him." Jane starts the van up.

"Okay." Darcy picks up her taser.

"So we're gonna look all over New Mexico, right?" Erik asks.

"Exactly." Jane starts to back the van up, but she hits a familiar person, "WHAT?!" she immediately gets out of the car, running over to the fallen Thor, "I'm so sorry! I swear I'm not doing this on purpose!"

...

A lot of people gathered around to try and lift the hammer, but no one could. They even tried to have a man use his truck to pull it out with a chain, but it was so strong, the back of the truck flew off.

An old man by the name of Stan peeks out of the truck window, "Did it work?"

Laughter sounded throughout, the people not noticing the car that had pulled up at the top of the hill.

Two people get out of the car, one a man and one a woman. The man was named Phil Coulson, an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. He was wearing suit with sunglasses on. The woman had brown hair and brown eyes. She had on a green blouse with black pants, a black skirt, and black stockings with green heels. She also had a white coat over her top. A name tag was on her blouse, reading "Dr. Green".