Chapter Nine

In Russia, Natasha Romanoff, or Black Widow, was being held in a warehouse and tied to a chair. Three men stood in front of her, two of them being thugs while the third was a Russian general named Georgi Luchkov. One of the thugs walked over and slapped her in the face. They all have a conversation in Russian.

"This is not how I wanted this evening to go." Luchkov spoke.

"I know how you wanted this evening to go. Believe me, this is better." Natasha responds.

"Who are you working for? Lermentov, yes?" Luchkov asks as one of the thugs push Natasha's chair back, tilting it over the edge of a few story drop as the woman hid her fear, "Does he think we have to go through him to move our cargo?"

"I thought General Solohob is in charge of the export business."

The thug moves her chair back to its original spot.

"Solohob? A bagman, a front. Your outdated information betrays you. The famous Black Widow and she turns out to be simply another pretty face."

"You really think I'm pretty?"

Luchkov walks over to a table filled with tools of torture and interrogation, picking up a pair of pliers as one of the thugs forces Natasha's jaw open, "Tell Lermentov we don't need him to move the tanks. Tell him he is out. Well..." he then speaks in English, "...you may have to write it down."

Suddenly, a phone rings, the other thug answering it, "Ya?" he then listens before turning to Luchkov, "It's for her."

Luchkov puts the pliers down and takes the phone, holding it up to his ear, "You listen carefully-"

"You're at 1-14 Silensky Plaza, 3rd floor. We have an F-22 exactly eight miles out. Put the woman on the phone, or I will blow up the block before you can make the lobby." Coulson's voice sounds from the other line.

Luchkov does what he says and places the cell phone against Natasha's ear, the woman holding it between her ear and shoulder.

"We need you to come in."

"Are you kidding? I'm working." Natasha told him.

"This takes precedence."

"I'm in the middle of an interrogation. This moron is giving me everything."

"I don't give everything." Luchkov looks to his goons.

"Look, you can't pull me out of this right now."

"Natasha...Barton's been compromised...and our target has taken an interest in Dr. Green. She could be compromised next."

This changes Natasha's mind, "Let me put you on hold." she nods to Luchkov and when he grabs the phone, she kicks him and headbutts him. She stands up and proceeds to fight against the thugs for a while. Coulson waited calmly on the other line, listening to the woman taking the three men down. She flips, breaking the chair on one of the thugs' ribcage before standing up and taking the other thug down. With those two out of the way, she proceeds to Luchkov, wrapping one of his legs with a chain and pushing him down the hole he was threatening to drop her down. Natasha picks up the phone and her shoes as she starts to walk away, "Where is Barton now?"

"We don't know."

"But he's alive?"

"We think so. Dr. Green's in Stuttgart, Germany. She should be safe for the time being. I'll brief you on everything when you get back. But first, we need you to talk to the big guy."

"Coulson, you know that Stark trusts me about as far as he can throw me." Natasha smirks, remembering how she had worked as a secretary for him while secretly spying on him for S.H.I.E.L.D.