Chapter Thirteen

Iron Man arrives at Stark Tower just in time as Selvig activated the CMS device, holding the Tesseract.

"Sir, I've turned off the arc reactor but the device is already self-sustaining." J.A.R.V.I.S. reports.

Iron Man flies above, "Shut it down, Dr Selvig."

Selvig turns to him, "It's too late! She can't stop now. She wants to show us something! A new universe."

"Okay." Iron Man aims his hands toward the CMS and fires, energy from his boosters shattering with a deafening crack as Selvig falls backwards and Iron Man gets launched back before staring in disbelief.

"The barrier is pure energy. It's unbreachable." J.A.R.V.I.S. reports.

"Yeah, I got that." Iron Man looks down to see Loki and Amora looking up at him, "Plan B."

"Sir, the Mark 7 is not ready for deployment."

'Then skip the spinning rims. We're on the clock." Tony lands his suit and goes through the process of unsuiting himself as he makes his way into his penthouse. He watches intently as Loki and Amora make their way inside as well.

When they walk in, Loki speaks, "Please tell me you're going to appeal to my humanity."

"Uh, actually, I'm planning to threaten you." Tony told him as he made his way down the stairs.

"You should have left your armour on for that." Loki told him.

"Yeah. It's seen a bit of mileage, and you've got the glow stick of destiny." Tony heads to the bar as Amora rolls her eyes, "Would you two like a drink?"

Amora groans, "Stark."

Loki smirks in amusement, "Stalling us won't change anything." 

"No, no, no. Threatening. No drink? Are you sure? I'm having one." Tony proceeds to get himself a drink.

Amora rolls her eyes again, "Stark, please take this seriously."

Loki looks out the window before wrapping an arm around Amora, "The Chitauri are coming. Nothing will change that. What have we to fear?"

"The Avengers." Tony told him as Amora tensed up slightly, "That's what we call ourselves. We're sort of like a team. "Earth's mightiest heroes"-type thing."

"Yes, I've met them." Loki told him.

"Did you know your friend was one of them?" Tony asks, "Then she just switched to your side like nothing happened."

Amora crosses her arms, "Loki is my friend, Stark."

"Yeah. It takes us a while to get any traction, I'll give you that one. But let's do a head count, here." Tony speaks as Loki and Amora turn away to look out the window. He secretly puts on honing devices that looked like bracelets, "Your brother, the demigod, a super soldier, a living legend who kind of lives up to the legend. A man with breathtaking anger-management issues, a couple of master assassins, and you," Tony points to Loki, "big fella, you've managed to piss off every single one of them."

"That was the plan." 

"Not a great plan. Soon enough, you'll piss Amora off."

Amora looked at Tony in confusion, "I'm sorry. When did I become apart of this?"

"You were friends with Coulson. He trusted you." Tony told her, "I doubt he was a threat and he did say that you killing him was an accident...unless someone else told you to do it."

Amora quickly looks away, looking out the window.

"When they come, and they will, they'll come for you." Tony told the two Asgardians as he comes out from behind the bar.