Prologue

Kozume Kenma never wanted to be a father.

At least that was how everyone viewed him as. Someone who only has videogames revolving around his mind, nothing like raising a kid or having a family. Everyone thought Kenma never wanted to be a father.

No, it's not that he never wanted to become one, it's just that, he never expected to become a father. Not at that age.

But he learned soon enough that things don't always go the way people want them to be, somewhere along the way there is bound to be a detour, a route that can never be snubbed.

It was like taking a side quest, as Kenma would like to think of it.

He was nineteen when he saw those big and innocent eyes staring right at him with no hint of hostility nor malice.

Those tiny hands that reached out to him in an attempt to hold his otherwise big hands or pull his hair, Kenma can't really tell for certain which one it was she wanted to grab.

And those smiles and giggles that would light up a dimly lit room.

Kenma cannot possibly leave such a little one behind. Someone who couldn't even defend herself, even animals knew when to leave behind their offspring to fend for themselves.

So Kenma took the toddler in and before long she started recognizing him as her dad.

He fed her, clothed her, put a roof atop her head, a warm bed to snuggle and everything she ever ask he would give her.

Everything, because Kenma can afford anything for his daughter.

Except possibly for one thing.

When she asked for a mother.

Despite the amount of money Kenma has, despite the amount of fame for being the famous pro gamer kodzuken, and the fact that he has his own private limited company, Bouncing Ball Ltd.

Kozume Kenma cannot possibly give her the impossible.

A mother?

As if he can just post an ad on the internet looking for someone willing to be his daughter's mother. And it's not as easy as she thinks it is.

Or perhaps it is.

That it's easy, Kenma thought.

No one knew about him having a daughter.

Well no one...

But you.

Since you couldn't care less about anything videogame related, you didn't even know who this kodzuken is, you didn't care about the fact that this famous pro gamer has a daughter.

Although the people who idolize kodzuken may disapprove of it, it's not that Kenma cares about him losing fans as a pro gamer, but it is the fact that if people find out, who knew what they'll do to the little girl.

So as one of the only few people who knew about his secret daughter, Kenma asked you of something.

You didn't know that a day would come when you'll find yourself in this kind of situation.

You were routinely living your usual life and now this guy is trying to put a halt to your usual routine by having you take a detour and turn 180 degree.

"If you're so good with kids, why don't you help me raise my daughter?"

Kenma cannot give her a mother, but he can give her someone who will act as one. You are a Pediatric Nutritionist, you know things about children more than Kenma will ever understand. You are the perfect person to fill in the role.

At least until Suki is old enough for Kenma to tell her everything about her mother.

So until she turns seven, for one whole year, you are to fill in the role as her mother.

The only thing is that Kenma failed to calculate some of the consequences that come along with you accepting the request.

And one of which is falling in love.