Chapter 15

A few hours prior, just before the sun had completely been hidden behind the dark clouds, right after the match, Osamu had just finished cleaning up his stall. Afterwards he took his phone, while waiting for his twin, Osamu decided to call someone.

It didn't take long until it's answered. "Hello,"

"Kita-san," Osamu said, leaning back on his car. "I saw someone familiar earlier before Tsumu's match."

"Someone familiar?"

Osamu was silent for a few seconds, his eyes trailed down on the ground. "Senpai—Y/n-senpai."

In contrast with the silence earlier, the silence this time was longer. Osamu even thought it was longer than it really is. He couldn't see Kita, so he doesn't know what expression he's making now. And even if he's right in front of Osamu, it's not like he can read Kita's expression. The guy had always been collected, hardly showing any expressions like smiling or crying, he did so rarely before but that was only on the rarest of occasions.

"Have you guys been in touch?" Osamu asked just to break the gnawing silence. "Do you know if she's...ya know...married?"

"Married?"

"I mean, I don't know, but I saw her with someone. He looks kinda familiar, prolly during the Interhigh. And there's this young girl who's prolly five or six and she called senpai mommy."

Kita didn't say anything for a while, and Osamu thought maybe he shouldn't have run his mouth like that.

"Kita-san?"

"If she's happy, then I'm happy for her."

He has always been like that, Osamu thought. There were times when he'd think of others more than he thinks for himself.

"Did you like her, Kita-san?"

Kita's answer came in short and simple.

No, but she's a kind person.

Osamu doesn't know if it's really a no or a yes. Nonetheless, even if he said he did or he still does, it's not like anything else will change at this point. Not when they both believe that you have a daughter now.

After the call, Osamu realized that the surroundings had darkened. He looked up and saw that the dark clouds have hovered above and the sun had completely been hidden behind.

"The heavens are about to cry. I wonder if it's raining in Hyogo too," he said.

---