Chapter 18

Suki had gotten all better the very next day, when you came to check on her the next morning, you found her already up saying that she doesn't feel sick anymore. Of course you were a bit unconvinced so you checked her temperature and realized that she is indeed all better now.

She was even able to run out of her room and to the kitchen where her breakfast was waiting for her together with Kenma who is already sitting on the table.

"You're way too cheerful today," he said, putting the tablet down on the table before he took his mug of coffee while Suki climbed up her chair.

"Of course daddy, Suki doesn't have fever anymore because I drank my medicine."

"Right, Suki-chan did a good job," you said, sitting on the chair beside the little girl while Kenma lifted his hand and touched Suki's forehead to check her temperature. The gesture made you smile for some reason, knowing that despite Kenma's constant remarks to Suki, he does care for her, perhaps even much more than you think he does.

"Shouldn't you stay home for another day?" Kenma asked, retrieving his hand back to his side.

"But daddy, I want to go to school."

"Still, shouldn't you at least rest for another day?"

"But I'd feel more sick if I just stay in my room the whole day," Suki said, clearly doesn't like losing to her dad in arguments like that. "Besides, daddy today is Friday. There's no school tomorrow."

"Exactly, since it's Friday, you can skip today's class."

"No!"

Usually you thought, it's the parent who would tell their kids not to skip school but for Suki and Kenma it's the other way around. You just started to eat while listening to them arguing about it until you heard Kenma spoke.

"What do you think, Y/n?" he asked and you quickly looked up at him to see that he's already looking at you as well as Suki who looks at you eagerly as if she knew you'll take her side no matter what.

"What I think..." you trailed off, looking at the two before you chuckled lowly and cleared your throat. "I think your daddy's right when he said Suki-chan needs to rest for another day."

You look at Suki to see her lips in a pout and her head lowered down and Kenma looked at her as if thinking, no that won't work on you.

At least until you continued, looking up at Kenma.

"But I think it's also fine for Suki-chan to go to school today. She might miss a lot of lessons and activities at school and staying home will make her feel more sickly," you said and when Suki heard it, she lifted her head and looked at you before she turned to Kenma.