Chapter 6

If you're so good with kids why don't you help me raise my daughter?

Those words echoed in your mind even after a few hours. Now you're back at your apartment, lying on your bed and staring at the ceiling because you couldn't possibly fall asleep with the thought invading your mind.

"Why did I even say yes?" you asked yourself, rolling around and burying your face on the pillow. "A mother? As if that would be easy."

You rolled on your side, staring to space. You knew the reason why you said yes to the little girl was because of the game you two played, and it's not like you meant it when you said it. But right after hearing that, Kenma asked his daughter if she could go back to her room, to which she followed and you were left with him.

It was by then Kenma told you that there's no way you can go back on your words. He told you that he'll give you a day to decide about it and by tomorrow he'll call you.

"He does know it's Monday tomorrow and I have a job to go to."

And thinking about what Kenma said, it made you feel like being threatened than just him simply giving you a choice. And a day to make a decision, as if deciding to become a mother can be made within twenty four hours.

And you still can't get what he and his daughter meant by being Suki's mom.

Before the thought can further invade your mind, you decided to shut them out one by one, letting the dimly lit room lulled you to sleep, you closed your eyes and tried to even your breathing, relaxing your shoulders as you turned around and found a comfortable spot before finally deciding to call it a night.

A few hours before you had gone to sleep, Kenma is having dinner with his daughter who is apparently busy with her tablet.

"Suki," he called, but the little girl couldn't even afford to take her eyes off her game to look at her dad. "I thought you said you like pasta."