Chapter 33

"This is a nice apartment complex, Mr. Kozume."

It was the first thing Aihara Mori said as he looks around the unit, taking note of the interior as well as the location of the building. He had assessed the estimate value of it and he knew it's more expensive than he thought, considering that it's in Japan's most expensive city within its most expensive neighborhood.

"Of course you'd know, you work in real estate," Kenma said, Aihara chuckled lowly although Kenma said it out of snide remark and if that wasn't enough, Kenma also added. "And of course it's not something I can't afford. For Suki, I only want the best of everything."

"That goes without saying. As a father, of course I also want the best of everything for my children."

You thought you're the only one, but Aihara's wife also noticed the heavy atmosphere that's starting to surround the two men so before it escalated, you and her walked up to the two.

"Honey," Aihara's wife said, holding her husband's hand while you went over to Kenma's side.

"Kenma, should I take out the refreshments?" you asked, diverting the topic as Kenma looked at you.

"Oh we also brought some rice cakes," Aihara Misa said, lifting the paper bag she's holding.

"Well then, we'll go over the kitchen to prepare the refreshments. You can look after the children."

The children, apparently, are already out there playing in the small playing area in the living room. And although you're not certain that you can leave Kenma with Aihara alone, you also feel that there are things the two should discuss between themselves.

And Aihara's wife also feels the same. She had already talked to her husband, and she'd understood things long before this. So while the two were left in the living room along with the kids, you headed to the kitchen with Aihara's wife.

She took out a box of rice cake and put it on the counter while you take a glass pitcher with fruit juice along with a plate. The silence that surrounded you two didn't last for long as you spoke.

"If you don't mind my asking, Misa-san, do you work or are you a housewife?" you asked, though only to somehow start a conversation with her, she doesn't seem to mind the question as she smiled.

"I used to work as a Secretary for a company contracted with Mori's real estate firm, that was how I met him. Now I'm a housewife."

"I see," you said, nodding your head. No wonder why she seems to always be so organized with things, you thought to yourself.

"How about you?" she asked and you looked at her.

"Me? Oh I used to work as a Pediatric Nutritionist."