Chapter 4

A week later, after your visit with Suki, Kenma thought things will get better.

But if it didn't get any worse, it didn't get any better either. Since Suki still refuse to eat her meals on time, and even if she does eat, she wouldn't finish her food.

"Suki, why are you even upset?" Kenma asked one day when they were sitting for breakfast.

The little girl her has her arms folded across her chest, lips in a pout and eyes glaring at nothing in particular.

"Why didn't you tell me Ms. Y/n left?" she asked and Kenma realized she's been upset over something so trivial. "I want to see Ms. Y/n again!"

"Then finish your soup first, your grandma made that for you."

Kenma doesn't know why she wants to see you, she's never acted like that over anyone who visited Kenma's unit. Although there weren't that many people who visited, and most of them were Kenma's high school friends.

So perhaps having someone other than those guys from his high school volleyball club visit was a breath of fresh air, especially when that person is good at taking care of children.

Suddenly Kenma stopped, he's been thinking about it for a week now.

You're good at taking care of kids, you have that air about you that would attract children and make them trust you easily. Not to mention, you are skilled in Pediatrics and nutrition.

Just as Kenma was about to think further into it, he suddenly heard a voice.

"Daddy!" Suki yelled and Kenma looked at her, she's been calling him for a few times and Kenma was too preoccupied to even realize it. "Daddy your phone's been vibrating."

Kenma looked down and noticed that it indeed was from a notification from the buzzer outside the complex. He remembered that you'll be visiting again.

"Was that Ms. Y/n?" Suki asked, her eyes wide and almost sparkling in excitement in contrast to Kenma's nonchalant expression.

"Eat your breakfast," Kenma said, standing up to get the door.

Just as he opened the door to see you already standing there, Kenma felt someone behind him and when he looked back he saw Suki clinging to his shirt as she took a peek at who might be her dad's guest. And when she realized it was you, her smile widen.

"Ms. Y/n!" she said.

"Good morning Suki-chan," you greeted her, walking inside the unit. You were surprised when the little girl took your hand and led you to the living room while Kenma closed the door and followed behind.