Chapter 13

Kuroo did advice Kenma to look for a nutritionist for his daughter, but he never told him to make that nutritionist as his daughter's nanny.

"And how many times do I have to tell, she's not a nanny," Kenma said for probably the fifth time since Kuroo mentioned the word, though he didn't mean it to be taken that seriously, he just meant it as a joke.

Though most of the time Kuroo's snide remarks were taken seriously, getting him into more trouble than he could sign up for since he's in high school, it seems old habit wouldn't really go that easily.

"Alright, alright, I'm sorry okay?" Kuroo said, raising his hands in mock surrender.

"She signed a contract," Kenma said, looking ahead to where you and Suki are in the kitchen, making the bento while he and Kuroo sat in the living room. "For a year, she'll stand in as her mother."

"And she just said yes?"

Kenma averted his gaze from the kitchen to look back at Kuroo before shrugging his shoulders nonchalantly. He did include the salary as a factor in you signing the contract, but Kenma knew the money is not the only thing that made you sign it. When you realized Suki had been starved of motherly love for years, you thought you can at least fill in the hole for a while.

"Uncle Kuroo!" Suki suddenly sai, running up to the living room where she welcomed Kuroo with a smile as she headed to where Kenma is sitting while you followed right behind Suki, holding a plate of onigiri.

"Suki and I made a few more, here have some," you said, offering one to Kuroo who is looking at you and in return you raise your eyebrow at him in a silent question as to why he's looking at you instead of saying anything.

"Nothing," he said instead, shaking his head before he averted his gaze and took an onigiri from the plate while you settled on the couch beside Kenma.

Suki walked towards you and climbed up the couch after taking an onigiri as well. "Uncle Kuroo," she said, taking Kuroo's attention as he looked up at the little girl. "Suki finally have a mommy."

"I see," Kuroo said slowly before chuckling a little awkwardly since he doesn't really know what to say about that.

"The kids at school wouldn't make fun of me anymore for not having a mommy," she said before she can stop herself as Kuroo and Kenma looked at the little girl. "Oh... I mean..."

She slowly sat on the couch as if she's making herself smaller before she slid down the sofa and run to her room, you were about to call her and stand up when you saw the door to her room being shut.

"What..." Kuroo started, looking at both you and Kenma. "What was that? What did she say? Making fun?"

"Apparently she's being picked on in her class," Kenma said almost sounding nonchalant but Kuroo can hear the tension in his tone of voice and you noticed his jaw slightly clenching.