Chapter 5

It's became a routine for Kenma to tuck Suki in to bed every night, as much as he can and when he isn't busy at least.

And he also does this so he can monitor Suki's time in playing with her tablet. His mother did warn him not to let Suki play too much with electronic devices and to let her play games other than the ones on her computer or tablet. If possible, at least let her play outside with other kids, but Kenma dislikes crowds and socializing with other people.

"Did you enjoy the game with Y/n-san earlier?" Kenma asked while he sat on the edge of Suki's bed.

"Yep," Suki answered, leaning instinctively to the warmth of Kenma's palm brushing on her head. "I like Ms. Y/n."

She closed her eyes and Kenma brushed a few strands of her hair away from her face. "She's very kind."

"She is," Kenma said, remembering that time when you stood up for him, now that he remembers it, he didn't have the chance to thank you for that.

"Hmm," Suki scooted closer to the warmth her bed offered her. "I can't wait until Sunday."

"Until she comes back, you should eat your meals properly."

Suki nodded her head, her eyes still close. Kenma sat there for a while, just letting the silence and Suki's soft breathing lull him to alleviation. And when he thought Suki had already fallen asleep, Kenma asked that question.

"Suki, do you want her to be your mother?"

Because Kenma cannot give Suki her real mother, it wouldn't hurt to have someone act as one for a while.

Kenma was about to leave the room, he already stood up and was about to take a step when a small hand grabbed his hand, small fingers wrapping around his pointer finger and Kenma stopped before he looked back at Suki, eyes half-lidded as she stare back at him.

"Daddy," she muttered. "I want her to be Suki's mommy."

It's concerning how children can trust easily, how they can attach themselves to other people. But Kenma knew it wasn't the case with you. It was just that, you were naturally kind and would naturally attract people towards you, children especially.

And children can sense the good in a person, they wouldn't get attached to strangers right away, but if they're a good person then perhaps there is a chance to get attached easily.

Kenma didn't say anything, and Suki's eyelids have gone heavier as she closed them, slowly falling into a dreamless slumber.

---