Chapter 12

'She made me one too. You're not that special.'

Kenma's words echoed in your mind even after a few days since he said that. You wouldn't really be bothered by it if not for noticing Suki's behavior towards her father. And perhaps, you thought, Kenma's words did affect her when he said that exact statement.

You knew he's his daughter, no doubt about it since they resemble each other in more ways than one. But sometimes you couldn't help but notice the way he's treating Suki like she isn't his own daughter. Not that he's neglecting her or anything, but his inconsequential snide remarks and constantly thought-provoking her with often childish challenges.

"Honestly, why is he like that?" you muttered, walking towards the kitchen but you were startled to run into Kenma.

"Why is he like what?" he asked, making you take a step back, avoiding his gaze as you look elsewhere. "You aren't pertaining to me, are you, Y/n?"

"Wha—no, of course not. Why would I..." you muttered, trying to walk past him but Kenma is clearly blocking your way until you felt like you're backed into a corner like a prey with no way out.

"Y/n," he called, causing you to avert your gaze from the basket of fruit on the kitchen island to look at Kenma. "I—"

"Mommy good morning!" Suki said, her voice cheerful as she made her way to the kitchen only to stop when she saw you with Kenma. "Oh, daddy's here too."

"Suki-chan," you said, making your way to the little girl to finally escape Kenma's possible interrogation. "Did Suki-chan sleep well last night?"

The little girl nodded and you ruffled her hair lightly before you two walked towards the kitchen island where she settled on her chair while you walked over the fridge to get her a glass of milk.

"Why are you up early, you don't have school today," Kenma said, turning to his daughter as you handed her the strawberry milk.

"Then why is daddy up early too, daddy doesn't go to school either."

You wouldn't be so surprise anymore with her little snide remarks since you knew she got that from none other than her father.

"I go to work."

"Like two times every month?" Suki said, gulping down her milk.

Kenma didn't say anything else as he made his way to his room, you thought you heard him sigh before he left, but you couldn't really tell for certain. Instead of thinking about it, you walked up to Suki who just finished a whole glass of strawberry milk.