An Unexpected Face

My lip caught between my teeth, I sigh as I fumble with the hem of my skirt. It was my first day here at Liones Academy and I could't be anymore of a wreck. My last two schools, Celestial Prep and Danafor Academy, didn't end too well and so I decided to head here. Liones. The only school left which would accept someone like me.

Plus it made sense to come here, since my friend was kicked out of his school because of our friendship.

Oh, Meliodas...

Even if you said it was no problem, I still feel terrible about it. I should've known befriending you would lead us both into to trouble, you more so than me, but still I should've tried harder to resist. But I always had trouble not smiling at the boyish grin of yours.

I softly giggle at the memory, a small smile being left behind. My sisters, Veronica and Margret, had always told me my kind nature and innocent demeanour were my weaknesses. However they also said they were my strengths. They weren't too happy when they found out I was hanging about with Meliodas though. In fact, Veronica locked me in my room. Meliodas ended up sneaking in that day. Nice memories I guess.

"Hey, you must be the new girl."

Tucking my hair behind my ears, I look up. Before me stood a tall brunette, dressed in the academy uniform and wearing a bright orange tie. She had deep purple eyes and a smile that suggested she enjoyed meeting new people. Something about her told me she had a loud and bubbly persona. I can see us getting along in the future, maybe even being friends.

"Um - yes, I'm Elizabeth," I get up, returning her smile.

"Hey Elizabeth, I'm Diane," She spoke, "I'm tasked with touring you since we're roommates."

I blink, recollecting my thoughts. I thought the school had just assigned the most friendly student to tour me around. I guess I was wrong about that assumption.

"Oh," I flush red, "So I'm guessing you've got the same classes as me?"

"Yep," Diane beamed, "Now let's start this tour before the bell rings."

Just as she took a step, the bell rang. At first everything was as still as it was when I arrived, but then the sound of doors banging open filled the hall. Then, out of nowhere, a wave of students came crashing from classrooms. At first it was one or two, but pretty soon it was around five to ten.

Boys, girls, club members, teachers; everyone was piling out into the hallway. Many were in groups, talking as they stole glances at me and Diane. I silently looked over the crowd, passing over alien faces as I tried to see if anyone familiar was here. But that was just being hopeful. No-one I knew attended here. They either went to Celestial Prep or Clan Academy. Liones Academy was just a place for all the others to go to.

I sighed as I began to follow Diane through the crowd, maneuvering my way around bodies and bags. Everyone seemed to just move as in a chaotic sync, while I struggled to find my footing. I guess it was because back at Celestial Prep I could fly to my classes, however here I have to hide my wings. I had to blend with the others, even if no demons are known to come here. That was the first thing my father, well adoptive but I call him father, told me.

"Never show your wings, Elizabeth."

I was around five then (a couple of decades old in goddess/demon years) and had been taken upon his knee, as if he were telling me a story. I remember nodding as he whispered it into my ear, promising to keep them hidden. The only person I'd ever shown them to except my family is Meliodas. He's the one person I've trusted to see my wings and I'm the one person he's shown his darkness to. It was our own little secret. Our own little difference to others in this world.

I sigh as I begin to subconsciously scan over the crowd again. Yet again there were nameless faces and endless stares back. Something I had grown accustomed to after my childhood. But suddenly I froze. My breathe hitched in my throat, voice lost, as my gaze locked on two students.

They were around my age and clearly were quite relaxed about the rules because they both had loose ties and easy going expressions. There was a taller guy with light blue, almost white, hair and red eyes and a shorter blonde beside him. The blonde walked with his hands behind his head and the taller guy with a slouched posture. The taller guy had a smirk on his face as he spotted me, but didn't say anything, instead he nudged his friend.

The blonde turned his attention onto me immediately. Green eyes gazing intently over my features. I couldn't help but feel a blush cover my cheeks.

Almost golden blonde hair; Emerald green eyes. It had to be - but...

"Hey, what's the hold up?" Diane had walked back to me, after noticing I'd stopped. She tilted her head to the side, causing her pigtails to spill over her shoulders.

I remained silent. My mind trying to process my thoughts. So Diane simply looked where I was looking.

"Oh, I see you've spotted the Captain," She grins as she rests a hand on my shoulder.

"The Captain?" I raise a brow.

"Yeah, I call him that," Diane shrugs simply, "So do the other Sins. But you can call him Meliodas. The guy beside him is Ban."

"Meliodas..." I breathe, "He's really here..."

Meliodas... I knew it was him! But why is he here? And what is a Sin?

"That's his name!" Diane piped, "And there's Ban too. You should talk to him - Meliodas I mean. Not Ban, he's rude. But Captain, he's super friendly and - "

Before she could finish her sentence, I was rushing towards the pair. A secure hold is what stops me, the familiar pressure of a hug overwhelming my senses. However I return it just as swiftly, my fingers hooking into his soft blonde hair.

"I thought I lost you..."

"Me too."

O.o.O.o.O

A/N: Heh....this was so weird to go over. I've edited it a bit to look better, but damn I'll probably have to re-read it.

Well hopefully you all enjoyed the prologue,

D.L.D