Dodgeball

"PE is the worst," Diane scrunched her nose as she pulled on her socks. It was the double period allotted for PE  - Diane's least favorite period - and her dismay was more than evident of that.

As usual the brunette had her hair in matching pigtails, a hairstyle fitting the subject. She begrudgingly wore the school's navy PE kit and paired it with simple black sneakers and white socks.

"Come on, Diane, it's not all bad," I say jokingly, rolling my eyes. I nudge her teasingly with a small smile. "There's some fun behind the mindless ball throwing and barging."

Like Diane, I was more or less changed and ready for the double period of physical torture. My PE kit had been thrown on, my hair tied into pigtails to match Diane and my normal flats were replaced with sneakers.

Right now, I was just making sure I didn't forget anything before heading to the actual lesson. Stuff like my water bottle or making sure my bra straps weren't visible. I doubt the teacher would let us go back inside if we did. From what I've heard the coach isn't too nice.

"I guess," Diane sighed dramatically, stretching as she stood up from her seat on the bench, "But that's what a lot of people say before their first day here."

"Ooh, it's her first day?" A random girl asked. She easily stripped to her underwear and pulled on her shorts.

"Yeah," Diane nodded and the girl shot me a sympathetic smile. She had bright green hair and almond-shaped blue eyes. Her oddly shaded hair was tied into a curly ponytail with a pink scrunchie securing it.

"Well, good luck with that," She spoke before winking and dropping her voice to a whisper, "But if you need to get out of anything, just say that Deldry wanted you to grab something for her."

"And why would I say that?" I tilt my head in confusion as I look at the girl, presumably Deldry.

"Just consider it a free pass," She shrugged simply. She grinned as she tucked in her shirt. "I have a way with men and often I get what I want without having to do anything...undesirable."

"Thanks, but she's fine without the offer Deldry," Diane spoke quickly as she grabbed me by the shoulders. She then began to push me away. "She doesn't want to become a part of your slut parade."

"It's not a slut parade!" The green haired girl insisted, frowning as she watched me disappear. Her cheeks flared with indignation. "It's a cheer squad!"

"Tell that to your leotards and lingerie!" Diane responded simply before guiding me to the bleachers.

It wasn't until we took a seat on the back row that she released me and let out a puffy sigh. She had a frown on her face as Deldry walked in, a smug look on her features as she took a seat and began to file her nails. 

Unlike most, Deldry looked comfortable in the reluctant and mopey atmosphere of the hall. Like she knew she wouldn't have to do a single piece of work. Most students were cursing and watching for the coach. Many of them were anxiously jiggling legs or fiddling with things, whispering between each other as they watched the main entrance. They all seemed to be paranoid of the coach.

Were they really that scary?

"What was that about?" I raise a brow, turning to face a scowling Diane.

"PE lesson 101," Diane growled as she looked at the wall. She had her arms folded. "Never take a freebie from Deldry Skies. She's more or less notorious for being the school whore. She has all of the male teachers wrapped around her finger. Not to mention the students."

"She does?" I say in a mixture of shock and amazement. How could one sixteen year old have several men obey her? Unless -

"Yes, she's a Holy Knight," Diane breathed airily before laughing, "But you could say her gift isn't exactly holy."