The System

It took a while to actually get to Ban and Elaine. On our way into the centre of the battle, Meliodas and I ended up bumping into a couple of other teams. Somehow I managed not to get knocked off and Meliodas didn't show any signs of being tired. In fact he seemed fine with me perched on his shoulders, as if the extra weight didn't affect him at all.

"You think we should stop for a bit until we reach Ban and Elaine?" I raise a brow as I glance down at him.

"Sure," He responded, "But I don't see the point in that if you're still on my shoulders."

"Fair point," I say as I scan through the few pairs left. Quite a few of them had been taken out by Ban and Elaine or Veronica and Griamore. Right now my sister was engaged in a one-on-one across from us, however Ban and Elaine were heading right towards us.

"Well, what do ya know?" Ban smirked as he stopped right in front of us. Elaine was perfectly balanced on his shoulders, a content smile on her face. She was perched high above me. "Looks like Diane wasn't joking when she said you two were a thing. But then again I got quite a lot of money from it~"

I flushed red, my mind too overheated to think. So Diane wasn't joking when she said Ban and Merlin had placed bets. Then again Merlin did say she had a bet too.

"Ban!" Elaine clocked his head, "You shouldn't say stuff like that in public."

"Yeah, Ban maybe you should get a filter for that mouth," Meliodas seemed to join in with Elaine's scolding, a playful lilt to his voice.

"Very funny coming from you Cap'n," The taller male grinned, before glancing at Elaine. "Hey Laney, how about we take these two down?"

"But Liz is my friend," Elaine protested, arms folded. "You don't mind if I call you Liz, do you?"

"No, not at all," I smile, ignoring all the flashbacks I get of Danafor. It was a simple nickname, even if it linked to my previous school and alias.

"Great," Elaine smiled, clasping her hands, "Now how about we team up and - "

"Diane said Cap'n and Elizabeth were better than us," Ban smirked.

"Never mind it's free-for-all!" Elaine grinned determinedly, "Nothing personal against you two."

"Now that's just foul play, Ban," Meliodas spoke, shifting forwards.

"I'd call it creative thinking," Ban shrugged, shifting Elaine on his shoulders as he closed the gap. The blonde yelped slightly, but still maintained her balance by grasping onto Ban's hair. "Ow."

"Well, you shouldn't have shrugged," Elaine answered simply, "I nearly dropped off."

I took the chance and leaned forwards. Elaine caught my hands and clasped them with hers. She was soon pushing against me, causing me to push back.

"Wow, you're pretty strong Liz," Elaine smiled. Clearly she lacked her brother's misfortune of being weak physically. In fact she seemed pretty strong for her tiny size.

"You're pretty strong too Elaine," I offer as I try to push her off Ban. I was so close to getting her past halfway. So close to getting her to fall -

"Are you two done flirting?" Ban growled as he gripped onto Elaine's thighs, trying to keep her from toppling.

"What's wrong Ban scared of losing?" Meliodas raised a brow, I assume a smirk on his face. His grip on my thighs tightened.

"What to you and princess?" The taller male laughed, however it seemed to falter as I pushed Elaine past halfway.

"Care to repeat that Ban?" I say innocently as Elaine struggled to regain her ground.

The taller male seemed to frown, before a dark smirk crossed his face. Then all my strength was gone. In one quick burst it left. It was like my arms had been drained into a jelly-like state, my muscles becoming goo.