Saturday Mornings

*Beep*

*Beep*

*Beep*

I can't help but groan as my alarm clock goes off, over and over, signalling yet another day at school.

I blindly reach out for the device, my hand fumbling over my bedside table, only to not have it turn off. Raising a brow I frustratedly wake up, ignoring the will to fall back into the enticing pull of sleep. Instead I focused on the brunette holding her phone in the doorway, a simple smile on her lips as she looked at me.

That was the source of the sound.

"Good morning Elizabeth," Diane greeted cheerily, "Looks like an early start for us today."

"But why?" I ask as I force myself to get out of bed, "It's Saturday. Plus the party's not till midday."

"Which is exactly why we need to start now!" Diane beamed as she watched me sleepily begin the day.

Slowly I drag my feet towards her, my senses still weakened by drowsiness. I hadn't really gotten much sleep last night. Restlessness and horrible visions appeared every time I closed my eyes; sounds were suddenly more scary than they should be; and my mind was reeling with where Meliodas could have disappeared to the day before.

It had seemed odd for him to vanish so suddenly. That or I was overthinking about recent events and seeing the stalker's empty gaze everywhere. I can never able to rid myself of his blank and soulless eyes. Ones that seem all too familiar...

But where had I seen them?

I suppress a shiver as I go into my closet and look through the small fraction of outfits I'd brought with me. Back home I had quite a few outfits that were worn once for a large event and then discarded; forgotten and lost to my closet.

In fact I had so many that I have a whole section for them. Veronica called it my nostalgia aisle. A place where I could remind myself of all those events and meetings. However it did make selecting outfits for vacations and school difficult, because there were so many options and so many things I hadn't seen in months.

Such as the earring I'd found just before I came here. It was simple in design, a golden hoop with a blue orb (which I like to think of as a blue pearl) on the end. On the orb were darker blue markings of the sun and moon with diamond stars littered around it. I'd lost the earring's pair one night with my sisters, however I often wore it alone. It was just the norm for me.

"Ok, but can you at least tell me why I have to get up like it's a school day?" I ask as Diane joins me at the closet.

The brunette soon begins to glance over the clothes stored there, before picking a few things out and seeing how'd they look on me before putting them back. 

T-shirts; jeans; blouses; dresses; skirts - all were put to her judgement. If anything Diane's actions were systematic and similar to what an older sister would do if she were helping her younger sister get ready for something important. Or from what I've experienced with Margaret and Veronica. They were always a critical eye to see what would look great, or was just unacceptable to be seen in.

"Well that's simple!" Diane grinned as she pulled out a mini dress before placing it back, "You may not think it, Elizabeth, but getting me, you and Elaine ready for that party is gonna take ages. Plus you don't wanna miss breakfast, do you?"

"The cafeteria still does breakfast at the same time?" I blink as I look at the brunette, pausing from my search, "Shouldn't the weekend be a bit later?"

"It should, but the timing's the only buzzkill for the weekend. That's if you can't cook of course," The brunette sighed as she pulled out a boobtube before shaking her head and putting it back, "Too showy for you... Well breakfast and curfew are the worst on weekends. Usually everyone just sneaks in later."