The Deity Society

"Does this happen every lunchtime?" I ask as the Sins and I make ourselves comfortable outside the principal's office. Diane was seated across from me on an armchair, while Merlin and Escanor shared a couch, leaving King floating and Gowther sitting on a window seat.

Meliodas and Ban had already gone inside the office, probably being scolded by the teacher. The 'fight' they'd had resulted in a collapsed wall, which they'll probably fix as a punishment. However something tells me that they're so used to it they often brush it aside. In fact on the way to the office Meliodas and Ban kept joking about the principal's haircut and how the old man couldn't do much to daunt them. I found it amazing how they didn't seem fazed about being in such deep trouble. I knew if I was in their situation, I'd be apologising profusely while crying.

But something tells me that all of the Sins usually get into situations like this. That's probably why they seemed to know what position or place makes them the most comfortable while waiting. It seems like the space outside the principal's office was like a lounge for them.

"You could say that," King's drowsy voice spoke, followed by a yawn. I'd forgotten that he'd fallen asleep just after he'd grabbed his lunch. He was so quiet while the rest of us just watched Meliodas and Ban. "The Captain and Ban enjoy throwing each other around like rag dolls."

"I think it's some sort of game for them," Diane nodded in agreement, "Every time they haven't seen each other for a while, they go straight into an arm wrestle match."

"Or some other violent event," Escanor piped up.

"I thought it was just their way of greeting," Gowther spoke in his usual monotone, "Or perhaps a custom of their friendship."

Everyone looked at the male, raising a brow at his perplexing theory. Gowther was either a literalist or he had no idea how emotions worked. My vote is on the first.

"I have to say it is interesting," Merlin changed the subject as she held her face within her palm, "However it was how the Captain and Ban first met."

The others nodded or said a few words of agreement, before turning their attention to the sound coming from further down the hall. I was curious to know how all the Sins met and how they had managed to become Sins, however a sound pushed those questions away.

The rhythm of rushed footsteps, followed by heavy breathing, filled my ears as I spotted a familiar shade of purple hair. It was cut short, only reaching her earlobes. Warm chocolate eyes contrasted with her red tie and on her back she carried a sword. Recognition hit me immediately as I spotted my tomboyish sister. The one who always helped me when I was in trouble.

"Veronica!"

"Ellie!" She tackled me into a hug. Instinctively I hugged her back, ignoring the questions plaguing my mind. They would have to wait until later.

"Where were you? I've been looking for you all day!" Veronica sighed as we separated.

"You have?" I raised a brow, "I thought that you and Margaret were going to another school."

"We were but I couldn't leave you by yourself," Veronica grinned, planting her hands on her waist, "Knowing you, you'd probably forget your timetable or something. So I thought I'd pull a few strings and come here to look out for my younger sis."

I blushed, knowing her words were true. I always was forgetful - and clumsy. They were two traits that stuck with me throughout my childhood, and no matter how hard I tried, they never went away. Some found it adorable, while others easily grew annoyed. They were both a burden and a blessing for me.

"Don't worry it's cute, Ellie," My sister smiled, as if reading my thoughts, before asking, "But what are you doing here? Don't tell me you got into trouble already!"