𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

MY EYES FLUTTER OPEN

I turn around, moving my hand around to find William. I huff and get up, looking around. I look took the door and low and behold there he was.

A suit on and a piece of toast in his mouth. He gave me a glance then knocked on micheals door.

"IM COMING!"

Micheal yelled. he astounded a little bit angry, not
To mention annoyed. I quickly scurried out of Williams room, running down stairs and sitting on the couch.

I heard footsteps and quickly fixed my posture. The two looked at me as soon as they walked down, they were both wearing suits.

"Is there an occasion?"

I asked, tilting my head a bit.

"Oh, yes. It's my mothers birthday."

Although there was a smile on his face, he didn't sound happy about it. there was that odd tension again.. it was tension that wasn't dense or in the air... it was right between him and his father.

"That's nice."

The thought of Williams ex wife made me quite uncomfortable. I just kept thinking about the time I over heard them on the phone.. it was as if she desperately wanted William back.

"Clara" I assumed that was her name, since William was calling her that on the phone. Although the thought of her made me uncomfortable, I couldn't help but worry for her safety as well. The thought of William killing her or anyone made me sick.. the thought of a dead body itself made me sick, after what I saw that day at Williams restaurant.

"Well, you two should get going, don't want to keep you."

I smiled. Micheal waved and walked through the door, I sighed.. relieved that it was over, the tension was finally gone as it was just me and William now.

William gave me a small peck on the lips before grabbing his keys and leaving.

                                 •——————•

                             I Felt hopeless

How was I supposed to get out of here? Winfrey was set on getting me away from William. I wanted to tell her that I loved him, and that if I wanted to—

How would she take that? Horribly. She would only call the authorities. Even if she did, it's not like they would believe her. William is the "trust worthy" man  of this small town.

He's handsome, he has money, he's what you'd want as a friend and so on. if only they knew..

"I'll call you later Winfrey."

I huffed hanging up. I heard the hinges of the door and quickly turned around to see William and Micheal arguing.

"WHY DO YOU ALWAYS DO THIS!?"

Micheal yelled

"what did I do?... all you do is blame me Micheal. WHEN YOU SHOULD BE BLAMING YOUR SELF!"

William shouted the end of his sentence, dropping his keys on the table and walking into the kitchen. I noticed a woman coming in too.

She had bright orange hair, beautiful blue eyes and a face full of makeup that made her look stunning. I felt a bit of insecurity seeing her, but I shrugged and moved closer so I could hear more.

"You  should stop arguing.. are you going to kill my ears like you killed those children William?"

The woman scoffed, giving William a gentle pat on the shoulder. She gave him a small smile and walked over to the fridge. Pulling out left over food from last nights dinner.

William huffed and began to shout once more

"I swear to god. clara... Y/N! Y/N, GET IN HERE RIGHT NOW!"

Me? Why is he calling me?

I was too scared to get up, or even shout back. I was waiting for William to grab my wrists and drag me to the kitchen.. but he didn't do that.

All he did was call my name. I wanted to stand up and go, but I didn't want to talk to that woman.. but I had to unless I'd face the consequences.

I finally got up and walked into the kitchen. Looking at William, Micheal and the woman. I gulped as William grabbed my wrist, pushing me in front of her.

"Clara will be sleeping here tonight."

He said. Leaving the room and walking up stairs, Micheal behind him.

"The woman on the news? Not a surprise really."

"Do you want to sleep in Micheals room?"

She smiled, leaning against a chair.

"I'm sleeping with my husband. Why are you asking? Your the prisoner here, you should be in the basement.. but William is in love with you isn't he?"