𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

NARRATION:

It was the middle of the night. Middle of the night and he was still awake. Why couldn't he sleep, his thoughts were going round and round.. did he regret it?

Micheal paced around his room, engrossed in his thoughts. His mom had left the other day, he had no one to talk to anymore. Y/n? He missed her. He wanted to talk to her.. he wanted to tell her. But something was stopping him.

Micheal opened the door of his room, slowly walking out and closing it. He took soft steps as he walked down the stairs and into the living room.

He sighed.

Walking into the kitchen he saw the cake that y/n made for him in the table. "I'm sorry" was what was written on top of it. Now he was sure he regretted what he had said to her. Empty vessel? Why would he even call her that?

"Why would I say those things to her?"

He whispered to himself in shame. He regretted it.

•—————•

William walked out of the bathroom, putting his shirt on as he did so.

He had thought hard and long. Why was he keeping her here? He wanted to let her go, but he didn't want to risk getting caught. He wanted to let her go.. but he couldn't.

But why steal someone's freedom?

He didn't want to think about it anymore, but he knew he had to make a decision. Let her go.. or keep her?

"Y/N."

His tone was firm.

Y/n turned her head, a soft and light smile on her face. Was it real? Yes. Was it always real? No.

"Hm?

she hummed.

"I'm— do you—"

He couldn't find the words. he simply couldn't. Yes, he wanted to let her live her life, but he wanted her to stay with him, forever..

"What is it? Are you okay?"

She was so caring. He couldn't comprehend why he was so bad to her in the first place.. why he hit her. Why he said that he would kill her. He didn't deserve her.. yet, he needed her.

"It's okay love."

He huffed.

He sat next to her, leaning back and turning his head towards her.

"Do you want to leave?"

Y/n nodded her head slowly. Her brows raised, and her mouth slightly opened.

What was she thinking? Was it relief? She didn't know what she was feeling at that moment. She was relieved that he considered giving her back her freedom, but she didn't want to leave him.

"But I don't want to leave you."

Is all she could say at that moment.

She didn't want to leave him? So she did really love him. The last few days she had been pushing him away. Trying to make Micheal forgive her. For the first time, he felt "hurt" he felt like she didn't want to see him anymore, like she didn't want to talk to him. And What did he tell her? Micheal was a little shit.

"You don't have to. Do you?"

He whispered, looking towards the wall.

Completely lost in thought. She didn't have to leave him.. did she? There were so many ways to lie to the police. There were so many ways to hide everything, but would she run to them?

"I won't."

She leans in, so carefully. Breathing in and out. And she was so close, so close that he could feel his heart beating faster and faster. He couldn't feel the cold emptiness of the room anymore, He couldn't feel anything.. all he felt was her.

"Never."

She kissed him.

Her lips were soft. He was floating.. it was sweet. So effortlessly sweet.

"Never."