𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘

I was tired.

I had been walking for a full thirty minutes and the police station looked packed? It normally was deserted.. so why? Was William still.. No, no. Maybe it was someone else?

I quickly brushed of my thoughts and began my act. Since I was walking through trees and branches, I already had a few cuts on my arms and by hair was messy and ruffled. I pretended to limp as I walked into the police station, everybody's eyes immediately landing on me.

I gulped as the people tilted their heads in surprise. Did they.. think I was dead?

"Hey.. hey— are you okay?"

A police man ran up to me, putting his arm around my shoulder and helping me walk, I limped towards the investigation room eventually walking so people wouldn't notice I was fake and just assume I got used to it.

"I'm fine.. Can— can someone give me a phone? I need to.."

I coughed, running my hands through my hair as I'd did so.

"Can I have a phone I need to call my daughter."

The policeman brought over a small phone. He tilted his head as he raised his brows. Was he surprised or suspicious? I didn't know how to read people.. yet I was ready for the questions he would send me.

He handed me a bottle of water as he sat down in front of me. I opened it in a hurry and took big gulps.

"You've been missing for a month, we thought you had died.."

"So you gave up on my case?"

I was a bit upset. Why would they give up on my case? If it was some other person with money I'm sure they'd would never give up until the body was found and confirmed dead. They didn't even consider the fact that I had daughter, and just gave up on my case.

"We— we tried.. but because of the disappearances we had to move onto something else."

The police officer seemed to be agitated at this point. Was he lying to me? Or just scared of me? If he thought I was a ghost then, I would've burst out laughing.

I punched in the numbers of avery's house and called. To my surprise it was her father that answered.

"Hello?"

He spoke.

"H— hello? .. Jonathan? is Winfrey with you? Im at the police station right now.."

He paused, He seemed to be in shock. Did every single person think I died? Even Jonathan? Even Mary.. my friends? They just gave up on me, just like that..

"Y/n?"

His breath had heightened.

"O— okay.. okay, we're coming. WINFREY, AVERY GET DOWN HERE!—"

The call cut off. I assumed he hanged up, and put the phone down as I sighed. I faced the police officer who was now facing me with a note pad and a pen.

"Can you tell me what happened? We're you followed? Or did you get lost?"

Get lost? Was that all they assumed? Somebody goes missing all of a sudden and they assume they got lost in the woods and died!?

I took a deep breath and began to speak.

"I— I was walking to the bathroom.. and i went the wrong way.. there were these people.. I couldn't see them clearly, but they tried to stab me, after I saw something, and—"