slipping

Rosie woke up small for the first time in a while. The last time this happened she still lived with jack so he was there to help throughout the day until she aged up. She didn't stay regressed for long when she was small so jack just helped with various things, other than that she would watch TV and colour. 

This time felt different for rosie. She woke up with her paci in her mouth and the frog hanging off the bed. She felt lonely without someone to wake up to, she felt lonely with no-one to help her out. Rosie got out her bed all mopey with a evident frown on her face. She thought about pulling herself out of her headspace yet she knew that was a bad idea. It would make her feel even worse thoughout the day and she didn't want to feel even worse and alone for the rest of the day.

It had been a few hours of the morning and rosie ended up on the sofa with thomas the tank engine on with a bowl of dried coco pops. The kitchen had been turned into a mess with some milk spilled on the floor and coco pops all over the table. But that's what happens when you leave a four year old on their own. 

Jack hadn't heard from rosie in a while, normally she would give him a morning text to talk about their days and all in all it was for jack to see if rosie was regressed. He hasn't received a text about her regressing in a while either. 

Rosie watched as her phone lit up and went dark several times before something clicked in her head and she picked up the phone.

"Rosie? fucking finally, I've been trying to get a hold of you for ages. Is everything okay?" It sounded like his head was spinning. He rushed out the words so much that if rosie wasn't used to his accent she wouldn't understand him. 

"Hey you said a no no word" she giggled which only made jack laugh as he realized how young she sounded right now. 

"well I'm sorry little one, I've been wondering where you've been, I just needed to know you were okay." 

"It is okay jack. It's kind of lonely on my own but I've got freddie so don't worry" she made her happy noises and bounced on her sofa. 

"That's good and all but I might stay on call with you for a bit, just to keep an eye on you. Did you go to sleep small or was it this morning?" 

"It was last night bu' blame corpsie for that cause he was talk'n about my stuffy bu' he told me to s'eep  so doesn't matter" This made jack slightly confused. He knew Rosie was on corpses stream again as he had watched himself, he wasn't able to join himself so he tried to watch as much as possible. But that wasn't the problem, he didn't realize they had stayed after to talk. 

"Does corpse know you're a little, rosie?" 

"I don't think so, he probably just thought i was tired" hopefully, she mumbled. 

The day carried on with slowly, Jack had stayed on call for the most part of it. When he told Rosie he had to leave for his own stream only made the girls eyes well up. She didn't like being alone, she needed help and comfort but there wasn't a person for that anymore. 

"Hey hey, It's okay bunny, I'll keep you on the line but you will have to keep quiet okay?" Jack started to whisper to make it more clear to her smaller mindset. Rosie sniffled but nodded. She changed her TV around until his twitch was set up on it. 

She pushed back even further into the the sofa corner with a blanket and pillow to keep her warm. It had gotten colder in the early days of autumn but she still hadn't figured out how to do the heating in the new house. 

She smiled as she saw her friend come on the TV even though he was on the phone next to her. 

She enjoyed watching her friends talk and interact, the smallest things fascinated the little girl so she was very content on just sitting back and watch jack fail at "tricky towers" for the next hour or so. 

Rosie treated the call like a game. She had to stay quite and not make any noise until jack said it was okay. It was going great until her nose felt ticklish, she scrunched her nose up trying to get rid of the feeling. Rosie didn't want to let down jack and distract him on the stream. But again it didn't go according to plan and she sneezed.

She watched as the chat went haywire. "who" and "what" were the majority. Jack, though, didn't bring anything up and slowly the amount of questions died down but there were still some every now and again. 

"sorry guys one minute" rosie perked up as he muted, she stopped fiddling with the tail on her dinosaur plush and watched intently until jack came back. 

When he did come back, corpse messaged. She smiled brightly at the screen so much she nearly forgot to answer it.  

corpse

hey rosie i was wondering if we could talk again today?

Rosie 

yes i would love to! when?

corpse 

now? jack told me you haven't done much today so how about me and you play some mincraft or something more fun then his streams 

rosie gasped at the mention of minecraft, she loved it in and out of headspace.

Rosie

yes please, i love minecraft

Jacks pov:

I could tell little Rosie's attention span was lowering so i was thinking of seeing if someone could just watch her until she felt older. The only person he could think of was corpse. Jack remembers conversations with corpse when jack bought up he needed help a year ago. He had never bought up Rosie's name but corpse probably knows since he had interacted with little Rosie yesterday.

Jack breathed heavily before calling corpse. 

"Um jack aren't you meant to be streaming right now?" 

"yes yes but i need to ask a favor, this is really hard for me to ask but could you call rose and play minecraft or something with her, I know you guys talk" 

"Is she still...ya k'now small?" Corpse was hesitant to ask, in case jack didn't know either and he was completely wrong, but Jack wouldn't be asking such an awkward question otherwise.

"Yes she is, but please don't say anything about it, treat her normally until she tells you herself. I'm glad you knew before i had to tell you though because i feel awful but shes too small to be alone right now. I've got to go, thank you corpse.