shocked ears

All it took for corpse not to leave his house was what he could see from the protection and safety of his own home.

"Rosie, baby shh everything's okay" he shushed her as he rushed out the house with no jacket into the snow filled street. He was wrong he hadn't noticed the snow since he's stayed inside the house since the night he saw her first. He wouldn't have seen the snow if the poor girl would have slipped after turning into her younger mindset and getting exited but the white flakes around her. 

"Bu' it is hurting" she stopped throwing her hands in the air making grabby hands. Her leg had been cut on the road under the snow and as much of it as corpse could see was covered in dirt and gravel from the cement floor. The crying of the little was far from how bad corpse could see from his perspective but a princess should be treated like a princess if It was small or big problem he told himself.

After inspecting her knee he smiled and reassured Rosie it wasn't too bad and he could fix it up if she she allowed him too.

"Come on sweetpea let's get that cut cleaned up, maybe have a treat if your good yeah?" he whispered to her ear holding her close against his chest. He walked them to the open door of his home, inside was defiantly different to what Rosie had been imagining outside. Corpse had bought over a cushion and propt it against the door when they were talking and now it sat pushed to the wall against the door where he had swung the door open. 

As Corpse walked up the stairs the girls brown eyes traveled across more of the well decorated house infront of her. Some, if not most, of the windows were open yet the blinds were half shut as if to keep the inside in and the outside out. There was a dark fluffy rug around the sofa and tv in the front room, it seemed for the most part of the house had plants to make the place look more home-y. 

The pair reached the top of the stairs and the cries died down to non-verbal mumbling, herHe head rested on to his shoulder until corpse put her down to the counter in his bathroom. Curious eyes wondered around the room as her hand aimlessly found her open mouth for comfort. After corpse found the first aid kit he stared at the sweet innocent girl ahead, her mind had engrossed herself into the patterns across his walls and the rubber ducky that sat just opposite her ontop of the bath tub. 

"hey sweety, i'm going to get the towel wet then we can clean up this mess okay?" Corpse however didn't receive a response but rather wide brown eyes staring back at him until Rosie took her arm to reach for the duck which was no way near to what she could comprehend. "oh no no no, come on baby let's finish up here then we can play" He spoke as he lifted her back up to sitting letting him see the cut again. 

As soon as the cloth comes in contact with the scraped knee the tears threaten to escape. Her thumb pulls its self out of her mouth and both hands try to push his own away from her cut.

"Noo, hurts, don' touch daddy, it hurts please" 

As much as the older was shocked and confused why he was being called that or even how he would be seen as such a career for the girl but he guessed in this moment Rosie was scared and didn't like the pain. He thought it was a privilege for anyone to be called that especially from such a sweet and caring princess like Rose. So instead of reading into her words like he usually would he tried to go along with it till he could have a proper grown up conversation.  

Hearing her words only made his heart break more but he knew he had to clean it up before it got infected from the dirt. He finished as fast as he could and pulled the fragile girl into his embrace to calm her on going hiccups. By the time he had reached the bottom of the stairs again Rosie was near to exhausted and her head fell to rest back on his shoulder. 

Corpse could feel her steady breathing as she managed to calm her last sniffles until all that was left of the previous half hour was the tear marks stained to her light skin and the first of an open packet of disney plasters. Walking into his kitchen, he managed to fill a cup of water while balancing the girl upon his side hip. He hadn't had to do this in a while, look after or even hold a little, but he managed to make do with what he had in the house and remember that she wasn't as small as she was acting.

It felt like minutes before Rosie woke again from her nap, she seemed content with where she had woken up and pushed her head more into the cushion. Only she begun to realise this wasn't actually a cushion but more of very soft curly hair and a thick jumper she had tried to cuddle more into. Now finally figuring what was surrounding her, more of her senses kicked in and she could hear the tv in the background and a soft chuckle from the blanket around her. 

"Getting comfortable are we?" it said. She pulled back her body to fully examine what she had found herself getting into. As soon as she did she was pushing herself back into the rabbit hole between his neck and the sofa behind. 

Corpse had managed to sit down with her still alseep in his arms. Between now and when she fell asleep she had moved around enough to be sitting in his lap and her head close enough to his ear that her breath fanned the side of his face. 

To her it was one of the more peaceful naps she has ever had and to him he couldn't have been more happier or comfortable with her between his arms. They still rested around her waist not letting her body weight drag her away from him but kept her in place where he knew felt right for the both of them.