Chapter 6

For the past few months after Amity had met Dream, they continue meeting up monthly.

Each month, they would meet up once and Dream would stay over for a few days to a week. Afterwards, they would say their goodbyes and the cycle would repeat.

The noise of someone knocking on the door was heard, "Coming!" Amity yelled as she set down a needle and thread as she carefully set down her almost finished sweater vest, as she quickly got out of her room and opened the door.

"Ello Dream, how do you do?" she happily and politely greeted her friend.

"Im doing well, how about you? What have you been up to?" he asked, curious of what his friend has been up to for the month.

"Well, for the past week, Ive been making a sweater vest, I just needed to sew the waist band and the armpit areas" she beamed, with a small smile on her face and excitement gleaming in her eyes.

Dream chuckled, amused by the youngers actions and patted her head, gently running his fingers into her hair.

Amity leaned into the touch and hugged him, not really surprised by the girls actions, the blonde hugged back.

The two then broke apart the embrace, "How about you? What stories do you have to tell?" the girl asked.

"Nothing much has been going on, had you been sleeping well? You have bags under your eyes" he said softly.

"I thi- I mean I dont know?" she said, but it felt more like a question. Confused eyes making eye contant to his own.

"Ami maybe you should get some rest" he proposed, the idea sorta sound tempting to the girl.

"I- I think Im quite well energized, sorry." she politely yet quickly denied.

Dream took his mask and put it on the upper side of his head, "Are you doubting my judgement Amity?" he asked sternly, his toxic green eyes making direct contact with the girl's ruby red ones.

The girl quickly shook her head, and muttered out a soft apology while fiddling with her fingers.

However Dream didnt seem to have heard it and continued, "I was just trying to do whats best for you, and this is how you repay me?" he asked with a hurt look on his face.

The girl's eyes widenned, "No, no, thats not it at all!" she hastily denied.

"Its been forever, you never shown to trust me nor my judgement, ha- have I not a good friend to you?" he asked, his voice came out as a whimper.

"No! I mean- Its not like that, your not the problem. Its me, I- Im at fault, Im sorry" she apoligized, "I trust your judgement, your right, you just want the best for me" she admitted, as she bowed her head slightly in regret and for forgiveness.

She then felt a hand on her shoulder, "Its fine, I forgive you, now come along now" he said softly, he welcomed himself into her home as the small child mearly just followed him behind like a lost puppy.

Dream guided Amity towards her room, as he then patiently waited for her to do her normally nightly routine.

Amity did her usual nightly routine, whist doing it many thoughts circled her head.

Was she a bad friend? She doesnt even remember most things anymore, Dream usually says that its because of her bad memory...

Last time she checked she had a journal, but she didnt remember where she put it, did she have bad memory?

But, last she checked she had quite fairly good memory... She could remember everything the guidebook says and other books she had, she can also remember what she did 2 months ago.

Or was it because she had read the books so many times and that her routine is always the same like Drean says.

She shouldnt be complaining, she has to be grateful like Dream says.

That she was even worth his time, but he denied that he even once said it when she tried asking him about it. Maybe her memory is getting hazy....

She sighed, as she put on her nightgown and put her clothes she used in the laundry basket.

She then went outside her bathroom and got in her bed, set the alarm on her clock.

"Good night, Dream" she said, Dream hummed in awknowledgement and bid goodnight to the child as he exitted her room.

Amity pulled the blackets over her head and went deeper under the covers, she shut her eyes as she tries to drift to sleep.

But she cant... Was she really tired?

She trashed around for a bit, and forced her eyes shut. And waited, and waited.... and waited.

Silence was filled in her room, it felt colder from what it was used to be? It feels colder.....

She doesnt feel safe, but she should feel safe, she's with her best friend Dream. She's supposed to feel safe, she supposed to.

She clutched her head and curled up into a ball.

She doesnt know anything anymore, she doesnt know what to feel or do.

Is she overreacting? Is she being over dramatic?

Is she too sensitive? Or is she too emotional?

What happended to her? She used to be so polite as Dream says, but is she being polite?

She thinks she's polite, she doesnt want to be alone.

Is she alone? No, no, no, she has her best friend Dream.

He's a great friend, unlike her....

Dreams amazing, he's the best

He helps her with everything, he is the definition of a great friend.

She trusts him, she trusts Dream.

He's her best friend.

He just wants the best for her.

She should not feel like this, its not a big deal.

Its not a big deal, she's being over dramatic.

She's making things seem like a bigger problem.

She's being too sensitive, like Dream says.

She feels cold, she wants to be with Dream....

No, she shouldnt bother him, he has too much on his plate already.

She just has to suck it up, and just try to sleep, shes not trying hard enough.

She closed her eyes shut again, and forced herself to sleep once more.