48.

chapter forty eight | that way
real life

chapter forty eight | that wayreal life

// abuse mention but nothing graphic

a day had passed since eden had shown her face to the world, and surprisingly to herself, she didn't feel any different, mind you she was yet to inevitably read comments about her face, but so far she felt okay

a day had passed since eden had shown her face to the world, and surprisingly to herself, she didn't feel any different, mind you she was yet to inevitably read comments about her face, but so far she felt okay. some would say she even felt happy.

george was still over, deciding to stay for a few more days before heading back to florida for clays birthday. he'd been trying to convince eden to come with him during his stay, but eden was set on staying home, deciding to live for herself for a while.

"bri? whos here?" eden appeared at the end of the stairs to be met with brianna opening the door with a smile, assuming a friend or another youtuber was over for a collab, what she didn't expect was her ex boyfriend to walk through the door like he owned the place.

"carter?" edens eyes widened, subconsciously taking a step back from him.

"relax im not here for you," carter scoffed, "im here for you pretty best friend." he winked at bri.

edens eyes shot to brianna, who had an innocent smile on her face, "bri?"

"we're filming something, chill e." brianna brushed off their best friend, grabbing carters arm and heading to her room.

with a slam of briannas bedroom door, and a few laughs from the pair, edens body shook, thoughts and memories of carter immediately returning to her, something that hadn't happened since she saw him last at the carnival with clay.

eden immediately headed for her bedroom where george still was, she had already decided what she was doing.

"what are you doing?" george sat up from her bed, an eyebrow raised at the girl who was rushing around packing clothes into her small suitcase.

"carters here." she huffed, grabbing some makeup off her desk.

"here? as in, here?" george tried to understand what had just come out of edens mouth, "if he's here im going to-,"

eden placed a hand on georges shoulder, "please don't make a scene." she whispered.

"eden he hurt you, its only fair if i do the same." george stood up, heading for edens door.

"george please," eden stood in front of him, looking up at the red faced boy, "lets just go okay?"

with a sigh, george nodded, packing his things earlier than he would've liked, "i guess we're going to florida."

george exited edens room quietly, walking downstairs to find the two people who had hurt eden the most

"george my guy!" carter greeted, putting his hand out for george to shake, only to be stared down by the brunette male.

"you're a fucking asshole carter." george spat, "you think you can waltz in here and act all cool?"

"dude," carter laughed awkwardly, "we were cool last time i saw you, whats up?"

"last time i saw you, you weren't a fucking prick." george rolled his eyes, "and you," he turned to brianna, "i really expected different, after everything you've seen eden go through, you thought this was okay?"

"george, he's changed." brianna defended.

"that doesn't change the past, i don't fucking care if he's different. he still hurt eden, and you both know that." george argued, alerting eden who was walking into the kitchen.

"george, please, lets just go." edens voice was quiet, her eyes glassy, making george immediately go silent.

"where are you going? lets stay, catch up a bit." carter offered, getting a scoff from george as a reply.

"just fuck off." george grabbed edens suitcase, nodding to eden to head for the front door.

"aw edens got her new boyfriend to help her, he's probably the asshole you cheated on me with huh?" carter scoffed as they walked away, "don't worry, me and brianna were having a good time together anyways, so i guess we both cheated." carter admitted, making eden stop in her tracks.

"what did you just say?" she turned to face the two, briannas face showing no emotion to her own so called best friend.

"well while you were over here fucking this british bitch, me and brianna were doing the same thing sweetie." carter butted in.

edens eyes flooded with tears, unable to speak as she stared at the two people she once had all her trust in, all for it to crumble down.

"are you just gonna stand there bri? please tell me this is a fucking prank." eden begged, her hazel eyes staring back at briannas blue ones.

"this was gonna come out eventually e." brianna lightly smiled at eden, "i-,"

"i can't believe you," eden spoke over brianna, turning on her heel and heading towards george at the front door.

"come here e," george put his arm around the girl as they walked to the apartment block garage, their suitcases trailing along behind them. "lets just try to forget about it okay? i know its easier said than done but you'll get through this."

ive been seeing your comments and dreden is back next chapter !!!

tysm for 24k reads!! <33

brianna = cancelled

im sorry for the roller coaster of a book i keep getting ideas lmfao