53.

chapter fifty three | that way
social media + real life

chapter fifty three | that waysocial media + real life

eden felt clay turn around on the bed, his arms reaching out to pull her into his chest, "good morning birthday boy

eden felt clay turn around on the bed, his arms reaching out to pull her into his chest, "good morning birthday boy."

"morning nessa." clay smiled, his raspy voice still catching eden off guard while his eyes creased in the corners although they were still shut.

"i got you something," eden looked up at him, placing her hand on his cheek, "its not much but i wanted to get something."

"you didn't have to get me anything." clay finally opened his eyes as he felt eden leave his grasp. she walked over to the wardrobe, pulling out a box he'd never seen before.

"i wanted to." eden smiled, handing him the heavy box and sitting back down on the bed.

clays fingers carefully unwrapped the green ribbon that was secured tightly around it, sliding open the lid. inside the box sat a collection of things; a polaroid camera, a portable hard drive, and underneath was a black hoodie.

"what the fuck?" clay smiled, "why all of this?"

eden laughed at his reaction, "well the polaroid camera is to take photos, obviously, because you're always saying you wished you had physical copies of photos. oh and the hard drive is because you're always using all the space in your other one, especially with manhunts and it'll be good to have a backup. the hoodie is a custom one, i had it embroidered with a green smile and some extra things." eden sat, hoping she didn't sound too obsessed with the smiling male in front of her.

"thank you, holy shit." clay sighed, placing everything back in the box and pulling eden onto his lap, her legs resting on either side of his. "you're so cute y'know." his arms snaked around her waist, pulling her into him for a kiss, a kiss some would say went on for a little too much longer than usual. eden would argue that it was clays birthday, and she'd let him get away with it for one day. plus they were in the privacy of their room- his room.