3 - Purple

My hands slight shook as I stared at the building in front of my car.

You can do this, Y/n.. everything will be fine...

I got out of the car slowly, brushing off my uniform shirt and walked to the door. I unlocked it, made sure it closed behind me, locked it again, then made a b-line to the security office. As I ran in a took a deep breath and looked behind me out into the hallway.

When I turned around, I saw the bunny animatronic pretty much in the same place I left him this morning. I yelped and started to back out. Only to run into the Freddy suit behind me. I yelped again and began looking between the two.

The bunny just looked at me and tilted it's head a bit to the side. I stared at it for a moment before shuffling into the room to the front of my desk and setting my phone down, keeping eye contact with the animatronic.

The animatronic looked down at my stomach again. I took a deep breath in as it started to stand. At it's full height, it was around 7 feet tall. I whimpered a bit as I looked up at it. It began to walk around the desk slowly, seeming like it was trying not to scare me. I gulped a bit as I backed into the corner, the animatronic following me.

I kept eye contact with it, making sure to watch it's every move from the corner of my eye. It slowly started to move it's hand toward me. I looked down and realized it was just it's pointer... finger? I looked back up to it's eyes only to see it looking at my stomach again. I felt it's finger lightly touch my stomach, though it felt like it was just trying to touch my shirt.

It looked back up to my eyes and held eye contact with me as it said, "Purple?" in a smooth male British accent, tilting his head.

"Y-yeah.. yeah.. purple." I answered, breathless. His eyes got a bit brighter as I saw what I think was a smile form on his face.

He took his thumb out of his fist and began to rub the fabric. I stood still, pressing myself against the wall as best I could. He looked back up to my face from his hand and my shirt, seeming to see the fear all over my face.

"Don't be scared," He whispered in a soothing voice. "I won't hurt you.." He assured, tilting his head a bit, making his ear flop over. I swallowed and nodded, hoping he was telling the truth.

He stood back from me and watched as I slowly began to walk around him back to my desk.

I sat down and watched from the corner of my eyes as he walked around the desk as well and stood next to me.

The phone started ringing, indicating the start of my shift. I picked up the phone and put it on speaker.

Uh, hello hello! Um, for today's lesson we will be continuing our training on proper suit handling techni-

The room went quiet after the animatronic next to me hung up on the automated call.

"What was that for?" I asked, looking up at him. His eyes were slightly more dim as he glanced around the room. "His voice was annoying." He huffed. I raised an eyebrow at him. "Not as annoying as the other guy." I chuckled as I turned back to the tablet, looking through the cameras.

"Do you know what he was going to explain?" I asked cautiously, glancing over at the bunny animatronic. "...Yes." He mumbled. "Mind explaining? They have me listen to those for a reason." I smirked up at the bunny. He huffed before nodding a bit and sitting on the floor next to me.

"Spring lock suits are animatronics that can be worn by employees. The only reason employees can wear them are because of these things called spring locks." He explained, sounding a bit hesitant to continue. I nodded at him, signaling it was okay to tell me more.

"Spring locks are incredibly dangerous. Moisture and any sudden movement can set them off, ensuring that whoever was wearing the suit, would be crushed to death by the animatronic parts that were once held to the sides. It's a slow, painful death." He sighed, the light in his eyes getting extremely dim. His tone sounded like he was reliving something.

I stared at him for a moments, wondering if my question was to personal. I decided to reword it so it wouldn't come off as invasive.

"Are there any Spring Lock suits around here?" I asked, looking around. The bunny sighed, making me look over at him. He extended his arms a bit and waved his hands down his body.

"O-Oh... I'm sorry.." I mumbled, now understanding the bad smell coming off of him. He was silent, looking at the my shoes. He reached out and began playing with my shoe laces, making me smile a bit.

"I don't think I ever caught your name." I smiled down at the bunny. He looked up at me and nodded. "I'm Springtrap." He answered. I hummed and nodded, "I'm Y/n."

Springtrap looked up at me and just examined my face. I raised an eyebrow at him and smirked a bit. "Yes?" I asked.

He stuttered a bit and looked away from my face. "I just haven't seen a person in a while, sorry." Springtrap apologized. "It's okay, Springtrap. I'm not upset." I chuckled as I turned back to my desk, seeing the ventilation had just gone down. I rebooted it and sat back as Springtrap shifted so he could still play with my shoe laces.

It was around 4 am, Springtrap was obviously pretty bored next to me. "You okay?" I asked him. Springtrap looked over at me and nodded. "Why do you ask?" He asked me. "You seem bored." I shrugged, looking through the cameras, seeing Ballon Boy on my screen. I looked up and the phantom jumped at me. I yelped and quickly went to my maintenance panel, rebooting the ventilation.

"Are you okay?" Springtrap asked. I swallowed and nodded as I breathed heavily. Springtrap watched me, looking at my body language for any bad signs.

As I was calming down, a phantom walked through the door. I think it was Marionette. I froze up and stared at her. Springtrap's ear tilted to the side at the sound of her entering, though he looked over because of the scared look on my face.

"Out." Springtrap demanded as he stood from the ground. Marionette looked at Springtrap as he circled around the desk and made it so I was out of her sight.

"Spri-" She was cut off.

"I said out!" He growled, pointing to the door. I jumped a bit as his sudden tone change.

"I just-" Marionette was cut off again.

"Le-eAve. N-oOw." Springtrap's voice had become super low and glitchy, it was honestly really scary. Marionette stiffened up and left quickly.

When Springtrap turned around, his eyes were glowing a bright purple, slowly fading back to the silver I had grown used to. I looked up at him, fear coursing through my body.

"It's okay, you're safe now." Springtrap whispered, his voice going back to normal. I stared at him for a moment, watching his eyes dim down so my whole face wasn't illuminated by them. I nodded slowly and relaxed my body as best I could.

Just as I did, the 6 am bell rung.

It had been 2 hours already?

Springtrap's ear perked and he stood up straight, looking around. He sighed, looking back down at me.

Springtrap backed up, allowing me to have room to stand and grab my phone from my desk.

I turned to Springtrap and looked up at him. He reached for my arm and brought my hand up, looking at my sleeve. With his other hand, he touched my forearm lightly, lighter than I thought he could ever get.

"Purple..." Springtrap mumbled, looking up to my eyes.

"Purple." I smiled back.

1372 words !

Published 10.25.21