15 - A Friend

I was on complete edge in this stupid building. I hated it. I hated this. I ha-

"Sorry about them.. they think you're a bad person because you're friends with Afton." Bonnie sighed. "Who's Afton?" I asked, looking up at him. Bonnie looked down at me as we turned around the corner, the west office door just down the hall. Bonnie's ear twitched as he raised a brow at me.

"The dead guy in the bunny suit that's practically obsessed with you?" Bonnie chuckled, standing by the office door, gesturing for me to go in. "He's not obsessed with me." I huffed as I walked into the room and sat in the chair. "He so is." Bonnie laughed quietly, walking in and sitting on the desk.

I scoffed, "Either way, why would I be a bad person because I hang out with him?" Bonnie looked at me wearily before looking around at the walls. "Has he not tried to hurt you?" Bonnie muttered, not exactly directed at me. "Quite the opposite, actually." I crossed my arms and leaned into the chair.

Bonnie hummed, looking back down at me. "He's the one who killed us all." Bonnie stated, looking me in the eye. My eyes widened as my blood ran cold.

No... Not William..

"You don't believe me." Bonnie mused, leaning slightly forward as he smiled softly at me, his ears going slightly limp. Bonnie continued to stare me in the eye, looking for answers before he shrugged, "You don't have too. But that's what happened. That's why we attacked him last night." Bonnie explained. I looked away from him out to the east door, seeing a glowing yellow eye staring through the window.

"Go away, Foxy!" Bonnie groaned. An accented laugh, however that works, rang out, fast footsteps going away from us.

Okay, just need to learn the chickens name now..

"So... Will is a murderer..?" I asked, looking at Bonnie. "Mm.. A child murderer." Bonnie corrected. "...Wow... he didn't seem like that at all." I muttered, looking down and holding my head in my hands.

"He does seem different, you're right. 30 years in that room probably changed him." Bonnie nodded, looking out the door.

We sat in silence for a moment before Bonnie spoke again. "I don't think you're bad, though. The others are scared. But you seem cool." Bonnie smiled as I looking up at him and placed my hands in my lap again. I smiled back softly, still trying to figure out how the man who had saved my life multiple times was a murderer. A child murderer.

There's no way. He's not that kind of person.

A grandfather clock started ringing from somewhere around the pizzeria, signaling the end of my shift. Bonnie smiled at me, saying a quick "Goodbye." Before morphing back to his animatronic form and stalking off back to the stage, the robot part of the suit taking over.

I fixed the right sleeve of my shirt before walking out of the west doorway back to the front.

I could feel the animatronics staring at me as I walked out. I turned around with one of my hands on the door and waved slightly. I sighed as they just stayed still. I turned around and pushed the door open, walking out. I locked the door and got in my car, going home.

560 words!
Published 12.8.21