6 - Phantoms

I walked into the office, not seeing Springtrap anywhere.

He'll show up in a bit. I thought.

I sat down in my chair spinning slowly. Once I faced my desk again I stopped the chair from spinning and scooted up to the desk, resting my elbow on it and my head in my hand.

The phone began to ring, I let it go. I huffed as I looked around the room, looking for Springtrap. I looked in the vent to see if he was hiding, he wasn't. I checked around the corners of the door, not their either.

I went back to my desk and began looking through the cameras to see if I could find him. Nothing. I groaned and began going through the drawers to see if I could find a flashlight. Luckily, in the last drawer I did.

I picked the flash light up and turned it on, I flickered a lot. I hit the side and it stopped. I chuckled and walked out of the office, searching the building for Springtrap.

I got to the hallway where cam 10 is and I still hadn't found him. I sighed and looked around, he couldn't of gotten far, I doubt it would leave.

I turned around to head back to the office only to see a phantom I'd never seen before, Chica. She lunched at me, screaming. I screamed and fell to the ground, my flashlight starting to flicker again as it rolled a short distance away from me. The light was flickering in my eyes. I blocked the flickering light with my hand and looked up, only to have another phantom I've never seen before, Mangle, lunge at me from the ceiling. It pushed me to back the ground and screamed in my face for a good 8 seconds.

My vision started going in and out as Mangle swung away from me. My head rolled to the left as I coughed, the flashlight continuing to flicker in my eyes.

"William.." I whispered before I passed out.

—Springtrap's POV—

I was sat on the ground in the room with no cameras, doing my best to not go check on Y/n. I had a feeling was super wrong. I heard them scream for a moment. I covered my ears and rested my head on my knees.

She's okay

It's just the phantoms

Their in the office

They're safe

Nothing will happen to her

I might hurt th-

"WILLIAM!" Marionette yelled as she appeared from the shadows next to me. I jumped and looked over at her.

"Y/n, the phantoms, cam 10." Marionette explained, her figure being pulled into the shadows behind her. "Go!" Marionette yelled. My ear pinned.

What have I done..

I stood up quickly and ran to the hallway where cam 10 is. I saw Y/n laying on the ground, a flashlight flickering in their face.

"Y/n.." I whispered as I ran over to her. I picked them up as well as the flashlight, turning it off, and ran back to the security room. I sat in the chair, it squeaking loudly underneath my weight. I grabbed Y/n's limp hand and brought it to the maintenance panel, making her press the ventilation reset.

The red flashing light stopped after a few seconds. I felt Y/n's breathing become less shallow, making me sigh in relief. I leaned my head down and rested it on the top of her head, whispering sweet nothings to her.

—Your POV—

I woke up hearing Springtrap's voice whispering to me. I moved and got more comfortable against the metal that I was sitting against.

"Y/n?" Springtrap whispered.

"William.." I mumbled back, nuzzling into his shoulder.

"Oh my god, Y/n..." He whispered breathlessly as he tightened his arms around me.

"What time is it?" I groaned as I stretched as best I could. "3 am.. do you know what happened?" Springtrap asked. "I went looking for you. I was worried because you hadn't shown up yet. Phantom Chica jump scared me, then Phantom Mangle. It was pretty big." I chuckled, keeping my eyes closed.

Springtrap sighed and held me closer, if that was even possible.

"I'm sorry.." He whispered. "Why?" I asked. "This wouldn't of happened if I had just shown up." Spring mumbled. "Don't blame yourself. I know the rules of being a night guard and I broke them. This isn't your fault." I soothed him. Springtrap nodded into my hair and sighed.

"Why didn't you show up though?" I asked. "Lost track of time and powered myself off. Marionette woke me up and told me what was happening." Springtrap told me. I nodded.

For the rest of the night Spring and I just talked while he held me in his arms. Occasionally I had to fix the ventilation but not that often.

The 6 am bell rang and Spring didn't move. I didn't hear his ragged breathing so I assumed he powered himself off.

"Spring.." I whispered as I rocked back and fourth in his arms. He didn't make a sound. "Springggg." I extended his name as I rocked a bit more violently. Nothing. "Oh my god." I grumbled. "SPRINGTRAP!" I yelled. He moved a bit, which meant his body was powering up.

I relaxed and started to think of different ideas. After about 3 minutes one that would probably work popped in my head.

"William.." I whispered as I poked his arm. Springtrap jolted and looked around, his eyes glowing brightly. Spring looked down at me and sighed. "The 6 am bell rang a couple minutes ago." I smiled up at him. He nodded and closed his eyes again. I chuckled and shook my head.

"That means I need to leave, Spring." I smiled. "No." Springtrap grunted. "Yes." I laughed quietly. Springtrap groaned as he dropped his arms from around me. I smiled and climbed out of his arms and grabbed my phone, putting it in my pocket. I looked around the desk to make sure I wouldn't leave anything as I heard Springtrap stand.

I turned around and looked up at the bunny animatronic. Springtrap looked down at me and sighed as if he was thinking about something. I tilted my head and chuckled. "What're you thinking about?" I asked. Spring shook his head as he leaned down to my forehead. Springtrap's nose touched my forehead before he stood up straight and smiled at me. I smiled back, though I was a bit confused.

"Go home and get some rest," Springtrap said, his British accent a bit more pronounced than usual. I smiled up at him and nodded. Spring brought his hand up to my shoulder, "Purple.." He whispered. "Purple." I whispered back.

I turned around and walked out, hearing Springtrap mumble something as I left. I didn't quite catch it though.

—Springtrap's POV—

"Sleep well, love.." I sighed.

"Love?" I heard a voice from behind me. I turned around and saw Marionette walking from the shadows. Marionette gasped before speaking.

"You like them, don't you?" She asked me. I rolled my eyes and huffed. "No." I grumbled. "Then why'd you call her looooove?" Puppet teased. I groaned and walked out of the office, hearing her laughing from behind me.

1208 words !

Published 10.27.21