༒ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 94༒

"You do like Chicken Nuggets a lot, don't you?", "they're good?!", you said with your mouth full as Haruka watched you in pure amusement. 

It has been three days and so far nothing was really happening in your observations. Baipā has been silent. You both figured that he had probably heard, that you two, were tracking him. Assuming he was now in hiding. 

Dickhead...

Back on track.. you and Haruka decided to spent your free time by talking. Getting to know each other on a closer basis. Though you quickly understood that he was low key interrogating you. Resulting in you, asking him, if he thought you were a traitor or something. 

He got flustered. Stumbling nervously over his own words, when he tried to reassure you that it was not his attention at all, you simply laughed. 

Telling him to calm down as you were just joking around a bit. 

Sitting on each other everyday, 24/7, you both established rather quickly a brotherly and sisterly bond. Nagging each other, pinching each other and all in all just doing stupid things in your free time. 

Like right now. You managed to persuade him into getting you your favorite Chicken Nugget and Chocolate Milkshake combo. 

"That can't be good. Something so absolutely disgustingly sweet and then something salty... just dunk the whole milkshake over your Chicken Nuggets...", he grimaced. Giving him a disgusted look back, you said, "that's illegal! It already sounds nasty! No, no.. You gotta eat the Chicken Nugget and then down the rest with a bit of milkshake!", "you disgust me", "have you seen your face?", "my mom said I'm a Handsome Boy", "and your Girlfriend?", you countered. He gave you a silent glare back. 

"Shut up.. You're one to talk!", "pff, please.. At least I have someone waiting for me!", "Ah~ right, right.. Bonten-!", "Omg No!", "No?!", he laughed. 

"Don't let them hear you! They're gonna be so heartbroken!", he teased.

"Don't let them hear you! They're gonna kill you for mocking them!", you scolded making him pinch your cheek, "unless you rat me out, I'm good!", "tempting!", "I'll throw your Chicken Nuggets out of the car!"

Giving him an offended look, you whispered, "you wouldn't dare!", "wanna see it?", "I'll bite your hand off", "you little rat", "says the one that looks like a rats ass", making you both laugh in delight. That was pretty much everyday occurrence for you two. 

Endless bickering between you two, back and forth, while you also kept an eye out for Baipā.

In a moment of silence, Haruka took a glance at you once more, "you mentioned that someone was waiting for you?", a small grin appearing on his face. 

Feeling slightly flustered, you looked somewhat shyly away, "Ah.. shut it!" Shoving his face away, which had gotten closer to yours, he wiggled his eyebrows at you. A teasing smirk on his face. "Who is the lucky man? Do I perhaps know him? If not... I have to interrogate him to make sure he's decent enough for you!", he pointed out, making you roll your eyes at him. 

"He's from my hometown! His name is Nat!", you said mindlessly before noticing the shift on Harukas face. His expression changing from a playful one to a pitiful one. 

"What-?", not even letting you finish the sentence, he decided to rip of the bandage. 

"He's dead." 

Your eyes widened, right... I forgot

"Oh..", was all you could muster up to say. "I'm sorry.. Bonten was supposed to tell you this but... I thought the longer they keep it from you the worse it will be.. since, as far as I know, they knew it from the day he died. I just wanted to be honest with you-!", "I know... I know that he's already dead.. I keep forgetting that..", you mumbled the last part to yourself, though still loud enough for Haruka to catch on.