༒ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 120༒

You heard someone munching beside you. The sound of something crunchy being eaten, making a shiver run down your spine. You furrowed your brows, slowly opening your eyes and blinking your sleep away when you turned to the sound. 

"Hi there!", the male grinned with his mouth full, waving at you. 

You blinked at the man once and then twice before mumbling, "what the fuck", "those chips are good, want some?", "no?" 

You were confused to say the least. 

"Why are you here?-", "turns out your name wasn't Leila", he chuckled, before leaning his elbow on the chair, resting his head on his fist, "good that I didn't told Kazuya about you, he would've fried my ass. Not that it matters anymore, heard you rejected him pretty harshly", he laughed.

"Baipā.. how do you.. how do you know I'm-", "I was at a meeting with Mogambo. Kazuya seemed fucking out of it. Asked him what happened and he just trauma dumped his stuff on me. So, of course, the first thing I had to do was visit you! Would've came sooner if I had know you were here! Look, I even brought you flowers and a present!", he grinned. 

And true to his words, there was a beautiful set of red and pink roses, Pralinés in the shape of little hearts and a neatly wrapped present. You once again blinked at him a few times before taking the present and opening it, a little teddy bear with the words 'cuddle buddy' written on it.

You looked at him loss at words. He kept munching the chips when he noticed your stares, worry lacing his tone he asked with a full mouth, "you don't like it?!", "huh? Oh no no, it's not that! It's cute I'm just... I'm just confused that's all...", "why?", "why are you so nice to me? I lied to you, I'm in Bonten and I'm a target of Kazuya... I don't understand-", "I like you!", he said while simply shrugging his shoulders. 

He leaned back on the chair, pointing with a chip at you, "and if i recall correctly, you were kidnapped by Bonten. So technically, you aren't in Bonten! Also, you rejected Kazuya, so I have pretty much an open road. And the lie was understandable, I don't see it as a tragedy, unless you're a chronicle liar! Then we would have a problem!", he said teasingly. 

You were rather shocked by his behavior, surprised that he was like this towards you. 

"the way you talk makes me believe you're a normal dude and not a gang leader..", you mumbled, making him laugh. 

"Being in a gang doesn't mean I have to be an asshole now or do I?", "No! of course not.. it's just weird..", "cause you're used to Bonten. But not everyone is an asshole like that. By the way, have you eaten yet?", he asked, making you shake your head. 

"alright, I'll get something for us!" 

He stood up, making his way towards the door when you called out to him, "Baipā?", making him turn around and look at you with a raised brow. 

"Do you know something about Bonten?"

He gave you a soft smile, his eyes softening, "when I said you're too good for this world, I meant it..", "hmm?", "They're currently keeping a low profile as the shoot out at the warehouse escalated a bit. The police is currently looking excessively, more than usual, for Mogambo, my gang and Bonten", "so they're alive...and not captured.." 

He gave you a pitied look, "I'm sorry..", making you instantly look up at him, "h-hey, why are you apologizing, it isn't your fault?!", "It's just sad to see you like this. Caring for a bunch of pricks who left you at the warehouse-", "they thought I was dead. Man... even I thought I was dead. I can't blame them-", "you don't leave a girl to rot on the floor that you supposedly like and disappear. Shit they could've taken your corpse with them, fuck do I know?!"