2

"WREN!"

I turn at the sound of my name being shouted louder than I've ever heard it before. Lila is standing about ten feet away from me with a bottle in her hand. Of course.

The thing about touring is that it can get a little wild sometimes. Pretty much every night is a party with different people each time. Its really fun when you first start out but after awhile it just gets old. Granted every first night we all party hard, myself included.

"Wren come join!" Lila shouts again at me. She walks up to me and links our arms then leans in and whispers to me "All these people kinda suck. They're either fans or shitty musicians."

I roll my eyes at her. "We're on tour, Lie. Those are the only two groups of people we get."

"I knooow but they're not usually this bad." she whines. "Please come in with me. I'll buy you all the drinks you want!"

"Its not really my scene." I say as I eye the bar we're walking into.

"Please!!" she pleads in her whiny voice. "Two drinks, okay? Two drinks and one bump."

"Lila, I'm not doing blow." I say firmly. "You can snort it until theres none left in the world but I'm staying away from that stuff."

"Okay fine but three drinks then!"

I roll my eyes but a slight smile creeps up on my face. She's annoying but her persistence is adorable sometimes.

"Fine, okay, three drinks." I say. "Maybe even four."

"Yes!!!" she yells excited. "I knew you'd do it if I asked enough."

"Its good for morale." I say as we walk into the bar.

Unsurprisingly, the bar is filled with people on the tour. I see some of our techies mixed in with PTVs guys and even two dudes from PTV are here, I think Vic and Tony are their names.

"I'm gonna get you some tequila." Lila says, ordering it before I can even start to protest.

"You see anyone you like?" she asks as she turns back to me.

"Not really." I reply while still surveilling the bar.

"I'm kinda into Mike." she says, referring to PTVs drummer. "Or even their tour manager, Seth. He's fine in that '45 year old who hates his job' kinda way."

"Yeah, for sure." I agree to whatever the hell that even means.

We get three shots from the bartender, one of which Lila places in front of me and I get a little disappointed. I was hoping we'd get our three shots right away, I'd down them and leave and that would be the end of it. But she knows me by now so she knows to order the shots at least 15 minutes apart. Sneaky bitch.

"But of course I'd never get with Seth. Like, he's just a tour manager. He probably makes like what, 100k a year? Thats nothing." she says with a flip of her hair. "Anyways, drink up!"

She hits her shot glass against mine for a cheers and it just ends up spilling some of her shot into mine. Theres no way she could've planned that and yet the world seems to work to her favour every chance it gets.

I down the shot and cringe immediately at the taste of it. God, has alcohol always been this bad or is this tequila just shit?

"Thats so fucking gross." I say while wiping my mouth. "And by the way 100k a year is good."

"Its nothing." she says dismissively. "We make that in like five months."

Her math is a little off but I don't need to tell her that. We have money theres no doubt about it. We're currently one of the biggest bands in the scene and have been for the last five years. So, yeah, we make some good money.

"Tony!" Lila says, looking behind me.

I turn around at the same time that I hear Vic correct her.

"Vic, actually. But hey Lila, Wren." he says and nods at me politely. "Celebrating that second week in, am I right?"

Lila's face changes but only in a way that I recognize. It completely flies over Vic's head that she's now annoyed by him and his presence.

"I'll be back." she says and heads to the bathrooms.

"Yeah, I'm sorry." I say to Vic. "She takes awhile to warm up to people."

"Nah, I get it." he says. "You enjoying yourself tonight?"

The way he asks makes me think he genuinely cares. His eyes hold mine as if theres no one else in the room and his smile is genuine as hell. Or so it seems to someone who hasn't been in this for awhile. He's the lead singer so he's the most "presentable" one. The fake friendliest for fans and interviews. He does a good job though, I'll admit it.

"Not really." I reply with a smile. "I was kinda forced out. I'm usually the type to hang back."

"I feel you on that one." he says. "I much prefer a night on the bus over a wild party."

"Seems I found someone just like me."

"Seems you did." he says with a grin.

The bartender hands him two glasses which he picks up right away signaling the end of our conversation.

"Its been nice talking to you, I hope we get more chances like this." he says to me. "Have a good night, Wren."

"Yeah, I'll see you next time." I say and return his polite smile.

Just as he leaves Lila is instantly back in her chair as if she had been watching and waiting.

"He's something." she says.

I nod in agreement. He really is.