24

"I didn't know he was coming." Lila says from behind me. "I didn't invite him or anything."

"We can ask him to go if you want." Mac says.

I don' really pay attention to them, I'm too focused on Vic. His stare is so intense that it honestly feels like we're the only people who are here right now. The only thing on my mind is Vic and how good he looks. He looks the exact same as he did before, only a bit tanner now. He still looks so fucking good.

Someone pulls his arm, most likely to move him from the glass on the ground, and his eyes finally leave mine to look at whos touching him.

"Wren?" Lila says, touching my arm.

I turn and look at her for a second before instinctively turning back to where Vic was. He's not looking at me anymore but is instead talking to some people.

"We can get out of here if you want." Lila offers.

"Nah," I say, shaking my head. "Its your party anyways, we're not going to leave it."

"Yeah but if its awkward with him here then we can go." she says.

"I doubt we'll even be close, theres so many people here." I say.

Despite saying this, I can't help but want to go see him. I know its stupid, I know it is. I want to go up to him and tell him everything and make things better. But I also want to hide out because my anxiety is telling me that its a mistake and he hates me and he wishes he'd have never seen me again.

"Lets just go on the hammock and get a little tipsy." Lila says.

"That sounds like a great time." Mac says and kisses her forehead.

For the next hour it is a good idea, and I even forget about Vic, but then all the wine catches up with my bladder and I realize that I need to pee and very soon.

"I'm gonna head to the bathroom." I say as I carefully climb out the giant hammock. "You guys want any drinks?"

"Nah, I think we're good for now." Mac says.

When I get out of the hammock, I see Lila grab Macs hand, bring it to her mouth and give it a kiss. Its actually very cute to see them together. I would've never thought of them as a couple before, but it actually does make sense. She's so wild and he's got the calmness that brings her down. Plus they're a good looking couple in general.

While in the bathroom I realize that Im a little more tipsy than I thought I was. I'm not drunk, I'm not even close, I'm just feeling good. I'm feeling warm and light. If I were to have one more drink then I would probably be on my way from tipsy to whatever stage comes between tipsy and drunk. Tipsy Plus, I guess.

I truly realize how fine I'm feeling when I try to open the bathroom door while its still locked. It takes about three tries for me to realize that its locked, and finally unlock it and open the door. I go to step out but instead almost step directly into someone who's trying to go into the bathroom.

Vic.

"Oh." I say stupidly. "Hi."

For a second he just looks at me without saying anything and I'm sure he's going to like brush me off and go into the bathroom without saying shit to me, but he doesn't.

"Wren." he says, his voice so warm and inviting. "Its good to see you."

This makes my heart pound and my cheeks warm up even more. I wonder if he means it, if it is really good to see me. God, I hope he means it.

"You too." I say quickly. "How've you been?"

"How have you been?" he retorts. "I haven't heard from you in months."