29

The label that Genesis Association was under decides to throw a last hurrah type of thing for us. All three of us told them it was unnecessary, but yet we still found ourselves at the supper that coming Friday.

I'm wearing a nice, black dress with an off shoulder look, which honestly looks amazing against my now tanned skin. My hair is styled in a cute look, not quite shoulder length yet, but still long enough for my waves to come through. 

All the bands we've ever worked with are here, ones we started with years ago and ones we ended with - like PTV.

Within being here for five minutes I had seen Vic, who as always, looks so good. I want to go talk to him, but Luke is here with me, and I don't want to make things worse considering the fight we had the other night.

After Vic left he asked me what was going on, why Vic was over. I told him we were friends, but he knows that we were together on tour, he even saw us that one night he had been on the bus. So we fought over the fact that Luke didn't enjoy seeing Vic and I alone together especially with that much tension in the air. 

I understand him, I do. I wish he would trust me more but I don't deserve his trust. I hadn't even told him about the fact that Vic was kissing me, because I know it would just make things worse. I need to look forward at what's best for me. Vic is on tour, he's always going to be and I don't know if I can be with someone who's gone for half the year, or sometimes even the entire year.

"God, poor Vic." Lila says as she appears beside me.

For a second I panic thinking that maybe Luke or Vic told her about what happened the other night, but I don't see either of them doing that. But still...

"Why?" I ask trying to keep my tone neutral.

"You don't know?" she says. 

"No?"

"I can't believe no one told you."

I think back to the time I saw Tony and what he said to me. Mike and Vic are going through something, or something like that. He was also surprised that nobody had let me know what was going on.

"What happened to Vic?" I ask, dying of curiosity.

"Not Vic. Mike." she says. "He's out the band."

"What?" I ask, my voice a little too loud.

A couple of people look over at us, Vic being one. His eyes leave mine before I can even find the courage to smile at him.

"Why's he off?"

"He had some scandal. With a 16 year old I think." she says dryly.

"Oh shit." I say.

I'm not too surprised, we hear about this sometimes. You tour with a group and then years later this shit comes out about them and it makes you realize that you don't know people as much as you thought you did.

"Poor Vic." I say after a moment.

I turn my attention to him then. He's sitting with Vinnie, the lead singer of Ozin. He seems to be having a great time, laughing with Vinnie and just looking like he doesn't have a care in the world. I wonder how he feels about Mike. I wonder if he knew. I doubt he did, he would've said something otherwise. He called Mike out for being weird to me so obviously he tries to have his brother take responsibility for his actions.

"I should go say something to him." I say.

Lila looks at me from the corner of her eye. "You think thats a good idea?"

She nudges her head towards where Luke and Mac are sitting together. As I look over, I make eye contact with Luke who smiles almost nervously at me.

"We're friends." I say to Lila.

"Oh, hunny. Don't kid yourself." she says. She turns and looks me dead on. "You and Vic aren't friends. He's waiting for you to break up with Luke and you're waiting for Vic to make a move that shows you he genuinely wants you so that you don't feel too guilty breaking up with Luke for what might be simply lust."

I stare at her, my mouth pretty much hanging to the floor.

"Besides," she says. "Vic's here with someone. I doubt she'd want you all over her man."

I turn and see what shes referring to. Right next to Vic is a woman, sitting so close to him that its almost like she's on his chair. From my limited view I can see his hand firmly on her thigh, her hand on top of his.

Heat flares within me. I've seen women flirt with Luke before but its never made me jealous. At least not like this. I almost want to yell at her to get off of him.

"Go see your man." Lila says. "And by that I mean Luke."

I glare at her before I turn and make my way to the bathroom.

I know I'm with someone but I can't believe Vic would bring someone here. To my fucking bands last supper together. Who the fuck does he think he is? I left the tour because I couldn't even stand to upset him, and then he is STILL pissed at me, and then brings some random fucking person here?

I try to take deep breaths in the bathroom to calm down, but then I think over and over about him outside with her. If this was a random dinner I wouldn't mind, but its mine. Its my fucking dinner and he's just pretty much told me to go fuck myself by bringing her here.

I don't know what I need right now, but I can't be here sober.

I step out of one of the bathrooms to head to the bar, but of course Vic is waiting outside.

"You were taking forever in there." he jokes. "I was worried I wouldn't ever be able to go to the bathroom."

"Theres two." I say.

"I wanted yours."

I glare at him and don't say anything. I turn and begin to walk away but he grabs my arm.

"I'm sorry about the other day." he says. "I get that you're still mad about it."

"I'm not mad about that." I say through gritted teeth.

"What're you mad about then? Because clearly you're pissed." he asks.

"Are you serious?" I ask, my tone now filled with anger.

"Yeah?" he says confused.

I shake my head in disbelief. 

"Nothing. Have a great night, hope your date enjoys it."

"Oh wow." he says with a laugh. "You're mad I brought someone?"

"Obviously I'm mad you brought someone." I say angrily. "Why would you even do that?"

"Why wouldn't I? I'm not dating anyone."

I glare at him even more at this. Its not fair of him to mention Luke like that.

"Whatever, Vic. Do what you want."

"I can't, can I? Because you're still dating whatever the fuck his name is."

"Thats not fair."

"Oh, and it is to me? Its fair for me to watch you guys together knowing full well that you want me?" he says with a sarcastic laugh. "Wren you're so fucking delusional."

"You're delusional!" I yell back. "I never  said I wanted you, okay?"

"You don't fucking have to!"

The other bathroom door opens and Luke walks out.

My mouth hangs open as I realize that he's just heard everything that Vic and I have said to each other. He heard me saying to Vic that I'm pissed he brought a date. 

"Vic," Luke says, his eyes on me. "Can I talk to Wren alone please?"

Vic doesn't even bother saying a word, he just walks back towards were the reception is being held.

"Wren, I don't think I can do this anymore." Luke says, his face serious. "I knew when Lila and Mac came back I would have to share you a little more, but I lost you completely the day Vic came back."

"Luke, I-"

"I'll leave my key at your place after I grab my things." he says, and with that he's gone.