Chapter 7

"What about this?" Minju asked as she rummaged through Yeji's closet and pulled out a dress.

"You're going to a party, not prom. You can tone down the fanciness." Yeji commented, not looking up from her book. She adjusts her glasses and continues on reading.

Soon enough an article of clothing gets thrown at her. "Hey! This is my closet you're raiding!" Yeji took the top off of her and tossed it back at Minju. "Yah, a useless raid."

"Ooh, I know what you can wear." Her best friend came out with a pair of short shorts and a crop top. Yeji blushed at that. "Maybe not." She responded. Minju sighed. "Why did you buy them if you weren't going to wear it?" She argued and put the clothes on Yeji's bed.

She grabbed an outfit for herself and changed, not bothering to cover herself up in front of Yeji. "There. Perfect. Now you change before Ryujin comes to get you, although the party's just next door."

Yeji put down her book and slid off of her bed, walking over to her window. Which was coincidentally right in front of Jisu's window.

Opening it, the music raided her house and Yeji grimaced from the loud beat that seemed to be going in sync with her heartbeat.

"I'll wear the crop top, but find me some jeans." Yeji said without looking at Minju. "Alright!"

"Woah." Ryujin breathed out as she saw Yeji open the door for her. "You look amazing." She commented, looking at Yeji's outfit. She trailed her eyes up and frowned as she looked at her face.

"You're not wearing your frames?" Ryujin asked in confusion, missing those round rimmed glasses on Yeji. The brunette smiled and shook her head. "You look amazing too." Yeji commented, noticing Ryujin's legs were covered with a pair of jeans and she was wearing the school's varsity jacket as usual. "And I also wear contacts sometimes, so yah." Yeji answered her. 

"I thought I told you to cover up." Ryujin asked teasingly as she saw Yeji shiver from a cool breeze of wind that flew in. "I didn't wear shorts, as you requested." Ryujin wiggled her legs, making Yeji laugh. The captain looked up in awe and there she confirmed that Hwang Yeji was definitely an angel.

"Oh! Hi. Hello. I'm Minju!" Minju said as she pushed past Yeji and shook Ryujin's hand enthusiastically again. Ryujin chuckled. "Yah, I remember you from a couple hours ago." 

"So, let's get going?" Ryujin suggested and tilted her head outside. Yeji nodded and turned back to yell that she was leaving.

"Mom! Dad! I'm going!" Her dad responded back with a 'fine', but Yeji's mother rushed to the door. "Alright remember no drugs, alcohol, or anything you wouldn't do in my presence. Just picture me beside you at all times, alright?" Chaerin said hugging Yeji and pecking her on the forehead. 

Yeji grimaced as she tried to pull away. "Yes I know!"

Ryujin chuckled from behind her. "Don't worry Miss Chaerin, I promise to take good care of Yeji, both of them." She motioned towards Minju as well.

"Thank you Ryujin." Yeji's mom said in gratitude and faced Yeji. "Goodbye and have fun. But not too much fun." She said before letting them go.

Ryujin descended the porch and pulled up her bike, walking it alongside her.

"Don't listen to whatever my mom tells you, she's just crazy sometimes." Yeji said as she walked beside Ryujin, Minju trailing just behind her.

Coming up the house, a few people hugged Ryujin, congratulating her. They were visibly drunk, as they stumbled around a few times. "Thanks guys." The younger girl said and looked back and Yeji and Minju to do a 'they're crazy' sign with her hand.