Chapter 19

"What the hell!"

Yeri widened her eyes and backed away from the now fuming blonde.

"Calm down Jisu, maybe her phone died or something-" "Like hell! She fucking left me on seen, and no one leaves me on seen." The head cheerleader hissed out. 

Jisu, Yeri, and Joy were currently all in Jisu's room after being called in for an emergency. It had been a couple hours after she had asked Chaeryeong to go out with her, and she had been left on read.

"Whatever, can we please head out now?" Joy spoke up from her spot on the bed. "Yeah, we've been here for a long time." Yeri agreed and looked at Jisu with pleading eyes.

The blonde rolled her eyes. "Fine, whatever." She picked up her purse and stormed out of the room. Joy and Yeri both gave each other a knowing look before joining her.

As Choi Jisu closed the door, she looked over to see her neighbor arrive. "Hey, you two wait in the car, I'll be right back." She said and locked her front door before walking down the steps and crossing over the lawn.

Her two friends obeyed without questions since they were too tired of hearing her voice whine for the past several hours.

"Hey." Yeji jumped when she heard a sharp voice behind her. Turning around from her place on the porch, she was surprised to see the head cheerleader on the bottom of her steps with a fuming look on her face.

"Uhm, yes?" The brunette squeaked out. She didn't have a talk with the blonde ever since that horrid halloween party. Yeji gulped, not having any idea why Jisu would want to talk to her.

"You know Lee Chaeryeong right?" Jisu asked sharply with her arms crossed. Yeji furrowed her brows but responded. "Y-Yes. Ryujin's friend right?" She mentally scolded herself for her voice being so shaky.

Jisu took the initiative and walked up the steps herself, standing face to face with Yeji. "Was she busy today?" She demanded rather than asked. Yeji took a small, hopefully not noticeable, step back before speaking.

"Not that I'm aware, I had seen her at school but that's all. Sorry." She explained and moved to turn around and most likely dash inside, but a hand on her shoulder stopped her.

"Please." Jisu said in the most vulnerable voice Yeji had ever heard from her. The brunette sighed and slouched her shoulders. 

The older girl felt like her body was torn into two parts. One was screaming at her in fury, warning her not to say anything about Chaeryeong's relationship with her best friend, knowing that it would put everyone in a one mile radius in danger, but another part of her, the soft part, felt pity on Jisu, who probably had no idea what was happening.

Conflicted, Yeji left it up to her brain to decide. And it did.

The brunette opened her mouth to say something, but her front door squeaked open, causing her to jump in fright.

"Ah, Yeji. Thank God you're here. I'll be going now so watch over Yuna for me please. Dinner's already in the microwave and remember to take out the trash. Oh, hello Jisu." Chaerin walked out of the door and noticed the blonde standing on her porch.

"Hello." Jisu said and bowed slightly. Yeji rose one of her brows at the sudden politeness. She was going to make a joke or a sarcastic comment about it, but she knew better.

"Alright, bye dear." Chaerin kissed the top of Yeji's head and waved her goodbye. "Bye mom." Yeji called after and kept her gaze on her mom until she got into the car and drove off.

A silence washed over the two and Yeji opened her mouth first. "I've gotta go." She said quickly and headed inside without giving the blonde a chance to say anything.