Chapter 38

"Arghhh." Chaeryeong groaned, slamming her head into a locker, making loud rattling sound. Ryujin finished taking her books out and sighed in sympathy.

"Chaeryeong, it's only been one class." Ryujin reminded her. 

The raven haired lifted her head. "Exactly, my body's not ready to wake up at seven in the morning, especially not after all those all nighters I pulled over the summer." 

Ryujin swung her bag over her shoulder and tugged on Chaeryeong's sleeve. "Come on, let's go take you to your class."

Chaeryeong nodded in agreement and dragged her feet along. "Oh, before I forget. Remember the basketball tryouts are happening after school. We have to go and scope out some of the freshmen and sophomores."

Ryujin hummed in acknowledgement.

"You know, you're gonna have to see who can be the captain for next year."

Chaeryeong mentions. Ryujin frowns. "I'll miss this team." She says sadly. The raven haired throws her arm over her shoulder. "Same here. But let's make sure we leave it in good hands." Ryujin smiled and nods. 

Chaeryeong dropped Ryujin in class before going to hers. She entered and sat next to Jisu, kissing her cheek in greeting.

The cheerleader drops the conversation she was having with Yeri and Joy to smile up at her girlfriend. "Hey, babe. Rough morning?" Jisu asks, holding her chin and looking at those weary eyes. 

Chaeryeong groans and leans her head on the blonde's shoulder. "I'm tired." She sulked and Jisu patted her head in sympathy.

"Wow, I never thought this day would come." Joy commented in astonishment, seeing Jisu who used to be cold and would glare at everyone who passes by, be soft and affectionate. To Chaeryeong, nonetheless. 

The cheerleader shrugged her shoulders. "People change." She says and Chaeryeong grins up at her. "They sure do." She quickly steals a peck on the lips and went back to her seat as the teacher walked through the door.

Ryujin walked out of the school exit and spotted Yeji on the bench outside, reading a book.

The silver haired was about to approach her when she got a sudden idea in her head. Heading towards the bike rack, she pulls hers out and walks it by Yeji.

"Hey, need a ride pretty lady?" Ryujin asked, wearing an overconfident smirk on her face. She rang the bell of her bicycle twice and winked. 

Yeji looked up at her book and laughed at the tough persona Ryujin was playing. "Hmm, I don't know." She stood up and looked at her girlfriend with a playful, questioning look. "That doesn't look very safe."

Ryujin didn't back down at that and instead got on her bike. "You'll be safe with me. Just make sure you hold on extra tight." She whispered the last part suggestively and Yeji burst into laughter. Ryujin soon followed and the brunette got on behind her after putting her things away.

"Alright. Well take me home." Yeji wrapped her arms around Ryujin's waist and squeezed. The younger blushed slightly and chuckled nervously. 

"Sure thing, babe." 

The pair rode off and Yeji closed her eyes, feeling the wind blow onto her face and into her hair. She rested her head on Ryujin's back and relished in the closeness. The slight bumps on the road soothed her being and she felt lulled to sleep almost.

"Hmm, I love you." Yeji sighed out, feeling at the utmost peace. Ryujin grinned and looked up at the blue sky. "I love you too, Yeji. So much." Ryujin whispered, gazing at how clear and beautiful the scenery was.