Chapter 31

Yawning loudly, Ryujin squirmed around in her bed a little, relishing in the soft feel of her blanket that she knew she would have to give up.

Her phone buzzed and she opened one of her eyes, seeing Yeji's name flash on the screen.

"Good morning baby ❤️"

Ryujin's heart fluttered in her chest and she bit her lip, trying not to let out the goofy smile that was spreading on her lips.

"Is it cool if you come around my house in a few? My mom is taking up gardening so we could have flowers in time for summer and I need help :(" 

-Yeji💕

Ryujin texted back an 'of course' and rolled out of bed, taking a quick shower before drying off and throwing on a pair of old sweatpants and a tank top.

"Honey, you're up already?" Ryujin's mom looked up from her phone, surprised to see her daughter up at 9 on a Sunday morning.

"Yep. I'm heading over to Yeji's to help her plant flowers. Her mom wants to have some for summer time." The basketball player said, running her fingers through her still wet hair.

She opened up the fridge and pulled out a bottle of fresh juice.

Her mom looked up at her curiously. "You've been with this Yeji for a long time, haven't you?"

Ryujin took a sip from her juice and rose one of her brows. "Why?"

The latter only laughed at how defensive her daughter sounded. She put down her phone to give her all her attention.

"I mean, it's serious, isn't it? I've seen you with all your other relationships and you have never gotten ready on a Sunday morning to go garden with them. Especially after having a practice the night before and a game later today".

Ryujin widened her eyes at how observant her mom really is. "You know my schedule?"

Her mom sighed. "I might be a distant parent, but I really hope you don't think I'm a bad one." She got up from the bar stool and walked over, affectionately fixing Ryujin's messy bangs.

The silver haired froze, not really knowing what to do with the action. It wasn't every day her mom would just hug or show affection to her.

She slowly relaxed and exhaled. "Thanks mom and I don't think you're a bad mom. I-I love you." She added in the last part shyly. 

Her mom chuckled and pulled her in for a hug. "I don't think I'm the only person you love anymore, am I right?"

Ryujin turned tense again and pulling away, her mom saw how red her cheeks became.

"I-I've gotta go." She stuttered out and wiggled herself out, rushing out the front door.

Her mom only shook her head at how love sick her daughter seemed to be. 

Pedaling up to her girlfriend's house, she smiled seeing the Hwang family all outside already. She pulled up and hopped off her bike seeing a happy Yeji run up to her.

"You're here!" She exclaimed and jumped into the silver haired woman's open arms. Ryujin giggled and swung her around a few times. "Yeji, I saw you just two days ago." The younger said in disbelief over how clingy the brunette was.

But Ryujin was also just as happy to finally see her again. These days the two could barely go a day without at least seeing or contacting each other.

Yeji leaned up for a quick peck, cautious of her parents and grabbed onto Ryujin's hand, dragging her up the lawn.

"Ryujin!" Yuna put down the small plastic shovel she was holding and wrapped her arms around Ryujin, who crouched down to be at eye level.